Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 11:19 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,633,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Bottomless smoked Paloma/Mimosa/bloodies too?
That'll be an extra $30, sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 11:19 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,150,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I put on two pounds just reading this thread.

I'm old school: large plate of pancakes, sausages and scrambled eggs.

Orange juice and a cup of coffee.
I was bad and grabbed a promo for 2 for $4 sausage/egg sandwich to the tune of 960 calories. Mind you, the drive-through on Pima and the 101 has to be one of the best run McDonald's. But that $4 breakfast crushed my Eggstacy meal. I better have a salad for lunch.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:28 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,915,605 times
Quote:
I was bad and grabbed a promo for 2 for $4 sausage/egg sandwich to the tune of 960 calories. Mind you, the drive-through on Pima and the 101 has to be one of the best run McDonald's. But that $4 breakfast crushed my Eggstacy meal. I better have a salad for lunch.
no dressing or croutons on that salad..

Old 03-29-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
That'll be an extra $30, sir.
Don't forget to add $$'s for an Uber back home. $30 isn't bad ^^. Three drinks and I'm at a breakeven. All I can hope for is that they can get close to my Bloody Mary recipe mix.

45 oz tomato juice.
15 oz of tomato sauce (to thicken).
2 oz lemon juice.
2 oz lime juice.
6 oz pickle juice.
4 teaspoons Tabasco/Hot Sauce OR Buffalo sauce.
4+ heaping tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons thick Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper or smoked black pepper
1 tablespoon of garlic in the jar (I like garlic)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 beef bouillon cube.
Option: McCormick Chipotle & Roasted Garlic seasoning IF I want a little unique flavor.

Give it a couple of days to "integrate" and it gets even better. With all of that salt, it can stay in the Fridge for a solid week.

Then attach the proper accouterments (blue cheese stuffed olives, cheese cubes etc) and your vodka of choice.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:47 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,633,311 times
Quote:
Don't forget to add $$'s for an Uber back home. $30 isn't bad ^^. Three drinks and I'm at a breakeven. All I can hope for is that they can get close to my Bloody Mary recipe mix.

45 oz tomato juice.
15 oz of tomato sauce (to thicken).
2 oz lemon juice.
2 oz lime juice.
6 oz pickle juice.
4 teaspoons Tabasco/Hot Sauce OR Buffalo sauce.
4+ heaping tablespoons prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons thick Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper or smoked black pepper
1 tablespoon of garlic in the jar (I like garlic)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 beef bouillon cube.
Option: McCormick Chipotle & Roasted Garlic seasoning IF I want a little unique flavor.

Give it a couple of days to "integrate" and it gets even better. With all of that salt, it can stay in the Fridge for a solid week.

Then attach the proper accouterments (blue cheese stuffed olives, cheese cubes etc) and your vodka of choice.
That's the stuff there! Load it up with Tito's or Kettle One and throw a thick, crispy slice of bacon in there and you have a hell of a Sunday morning. Or a Monday...

Old 03-29-2021, 10:17 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,272,432 times
Quote:
I checked out the Eggstacy for breakfast on Friday. I got an omelet with a standard 6 eggs ( I chose mostly egg whites) with hashbrowns on the side. Like an idiot, I ate it all. My wife got a skillet. We had waaay too much food! For a small upcharge, I small stack of cinnamon-type side cakes. I ate the top one. And my wife had an apple-type french toast with some crunchy thingies on it. Both desserts looked SPECTACULAR! Yet they were both meh to our taste buds (they were all show). My salmon omelet was decent but nothing special and overloaded with too much (I forget what type) cheese blend. When I put my wife's extra skillet in a to-go box, there was no shortage of oils on the bottom of the plate (Not very appetizing or healthy).

So 2 coffees and 2 breakfasts came out to $47 plus $10 for a tip. The service was fantastic. But the food was not worth over-consuming so many calories. I could easily make a better breakfast. The best part of the meal was the coffee and my wife's pineapple and strawberry skewer. A lot of words to say, don't bother.
Thanks for the review. I'll have to stick to my standard breakfast, which is usually one slice of whole wheat toast or english muffin with peanut butter and a glass of water.

Old 03-30-2021, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Thanks for the review. I'll have to stick to my standard breakfast, which is usually one slice of whole wheat toast or english muffin with peanut butter and a glass of water.
Don't forget the importance of synergy. So add some sliced ^^ bananas. Speaking of bananas, put them in the fridge at the earliest sign of ripening as they will stay firm well over a week as compared to leaving them on the counter.

Personally, I've converted to cottage cheese and with some blueberries or raspberries. Or some greek yogurt with fresh berries and a little granola. Sticking with the peanut butter theme, add crunchy peanut butter to the yogurt, granola, sliced banana, and a diced 1/2 apple for some crunch. But good coffee is a must with every breakfast.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:52 AM

728 posts, read 302,643 times
Quote:
Don't forget the importance of synergy. So add some sliced ^^ bananas. Speaking of bananas, put them in the fridge at the earliest sign of ripening as they will stay firm well over a week as compared to leaving them on the counter.

Personally, I've converted to cottage cheese and with some blueberries or raspberries. Or some greek yogurt with fresh berries and a little granola. Sticking with the peanut butter theme, add crunchy peanut butter to the yogurt, granola, sliced banana, and a diced 1/2 apple for some crunch. But good coffee is a must with every breakfast.

How much do you and your wife weigh? I can tell from here but just want to be sure.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:24 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,272,432 times
Quote:

Good call, but the bananas are saved for a snack later. No coffee, ever. I don't drink coffee, tea, juice or soda. Just bottled water unless I'm having an adult beverage. OK, occasionally a lemonade.

Old 03-30-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
How much do you and your wife weigh? I can tell from here but just want to be sure.
I'm 6'2" and 185 pounds. My wife is 5'8" and 130 pounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area