Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 12:08 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Great summary. Sadly, most people would rather complain instead of doing something.
Don't lenders look for job stability regardless of ability to pay? I mean just financially, I could qualify (with my fiancee as cosigner) for a mortgage of $500k, but I've only had my current job since December, and fiancee has only had her job 1 1/2 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 12:22 PM

805 posts, read 2,000,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Don't lenders look for job stability regardless of ability to pay? I mean just financially, I could qualify (with my fiancee as cosigner) for a mortgage of $500k, but I've only had my current job since December, and fiancee has only had her job 1 1/2 years
My last two purchases they both stated I needed 1 year employment history at a current job. The second purchase though I had only been employed with the new company for 4 months (Started Job in November and closed on house in early May). I had to jot down my previous employers for the past 5 years though so I imagine since the salary was continuous and pay scale relatively unchanged they didn't balk at it.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
My last two purchases they both stated I needed 1 year employment history at a current job. The second purchase though I had only been employed with the new company for 4 months (Started Job in November and closed on house in early May). I had to jot down my previous employers for the past 5 years though so I imagine since the salary was continuous and pay scale relatively unchanged they didn't balk at it.
Well, I got a $25k/year raise at current job, prior to that was grossing in the $60k ballpark for 3 years

Old 05-14-2021, 12:35 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
They like 2 years. But as long as you are in the same industry, that is just as good. So, if prior to your new job, you were still in the trucking industry, then all would be fine.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:45 PM

805 posts, read 2,000,172 times
Quote:
Well, I got a $25k/year raise at current job, prior to that was grossing in the $60k ballpark for 3 years
even better!

Old 05-14-2021, 09:39 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
A keyword here is Trilogy (active adult) inside of Vistancia. It has the trifecta: on a golf course + mountain views + a pool. A couple of years ago, that would have fetched $795K-$850K. But in the Spring of 2021, I'm not surprised at all. That would cost $1.5M at the Trilogy in Rio Verde. Homes there are fetching $1.4M to $2.4M all day long (course+pool+mountain view).
Friend of mine said he looking at houses in Rio Verde that are listed at 1 million with no well using hauled water service. That surprised me this is what has always kept me from buying a desert acre house on a well with drought wonder how much water these wells can continue to pull from the ground. I guess there be a boom in water hauling business.

Old 05-15-2021, 03:49 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Friend of mine said he looking at houses in Rio Verde that are listed at 1 million with no well using hauled water service. That surprised me this is what has always kept me from buying a desert acre house on a well with drought wonder how much water these wells can continue to pull from the ground. I guess there be a boom in water hauling business.
I've watched water trucks run up and down Dynamite / Pima. Though the Trilogy development has city water. I think the monthly sewer bill starts at $60 a month. Personally, I would not buy water from a truck even outside of a desert.

Old 05-15-2021, 10:42 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Why don’t you just get prequalified? You seem determined to find a reason why you wouldn’t get a loan. I think you’ll be fine. If not, it won’t be because of your employment as it sounds stable and it’s not like you weren’t working previously. I sense a very slight slowdown in the market. This could be your shot.

Old 05-15-2021, 10:59 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
To each his own, but I would NEVER buy a home out in the desert, or anywhere where there's no established infrastructure. The majority of properties in those locations have septic tanks, and the availability of water is questionable. I also don't get the point of moving to one of the nation's largest metros, only to live on the fringes because they want tranquility, mountain views, and wildlife. And what kind of wildlife? Snakes, coyotes, javelinas, etc. The risk of wildfires is higher in those areas also. No thanks! I live almost in the middle of Phoenix and have Camelback Mountain in close proximity. That's enough "nature" for me. If I wanted to invest $1 million or more on property within the Phoenix metro, I'd look at areas like Biltmore Estates, some of the historic districts, or infills in the more upscale areas, including the newer condos.

Old 05-15-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Why don’t you just get prequalified? You seem determined to find a reason why you wouldn’t get a loan. I think you’ll be fine. If not, it won’t be because of your employment as it sounds stable and it’s not like you weren’t working previously. I sense a very slight slowdown in the market. This could be your shot.
Our lease on our apartment doesn't even run out until December, I don't have 6 months worth of rent (almost $10,000) in savings to buy out my lease to move out early
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area