U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 09:14 PM

67 posts, read 10,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I truly encourage you to look into this and speak with a mortgage lender. I can recommend a couple good ones if you'd like. You have to start the process and even if it's not entirely possible right now, they will tell you exactly what you need to do.

https://homeplusaz.com/

Where will prices go when water gets more scarce?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 10:05 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
26,080 posts, read 10,390,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I agree... And, we already have self-driving trucks (they are called "trains").
Trains only work for freight that isn't time sensitive, and trucks are typically still involved in train transported freight at one end or the other, since tracks don't obviously go everywhere

Old 05-16-2021, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Trains only work for freight that isn't time sensitive, and trucks are typically still involved in train transported freight at one end or the other, since tracks don't obviously go everywhere
Trains make a ton more sense to me than this autonomous Semi barreling all over the roads. I hope I am dead and gone before that happens. Yes, I understand trains are on train tracks. My point is that we do not have that great of railway system (we don't have hi speed rail yet) so WTF do we autonomous Semi's? But, that's just me.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:03 AM

6,721 posts, read 3,544,531 times
Quote:
Trains make a ton more sense to me than this autonomous Semi barreling all over the roads. I hope I am dead and gone before that happens. Yes, I understand trains are on train tracks. My point is that we do not have that great of railway system (we don't have hi speed rail yet) so WTF do we autonomous Semi's? But, that's just me.
Actually I think autonomous electric cars is what the future is for everyone. One day you won't even be able to drive a car on the streets. It will mean car accidents, car theft, high speed chases all of that will come to an end. If you want to drive a car have to go to a track where you keep your old vehicle.

Trains are good for hauling large amounts then trucks go from there it will be one big computer controlled system. While I hate the fact put drivers out of a job it's a lousy job most make less then minimum wage when you factor in per mile pay system to the average amount of hours spent working as a truck driver.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Actually I think autonomous electric cars is what the future is for everyone. One day you won't even be able to drive a car on the streets. It will mean car accidents, car theft, high speed chases all of that will come to an end. If you want to drive a car have to go to a track where you keep your old vehicle.

Trains are good for hauling large amounts then trucks go from there it will be one big computer controlled system. While I hate the fact put drivers out of a job it's a lousy job most make less then minimum wage when you factor in per mile pay system to the average amount of hours spent working as a truck driver.
I like my job, and I'm earning $87k per year plus benefits. I spend 60 to 70 hrs per week on duty, so that Averages $23.90/hr to $27.88/hr if you flat rate it. Pretty good for a job I didn't have to go to college for

Old 05-17-2021, 09:45 AM

5,318 posts, read 3,286,574 times
Quote:
I like my job, and I'm earning $87k per year plus benefits. I spend 60 to 70 hrs per week on duty, so that Averages $23.90/hr to $27.88/hr if you flat rate it. Pretty good for a job I didn't have to go to college for
"I like my job and the money/benefits pretty good."

Sounds great.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:08 AM

7,024 posts, read 8,469,328 times
Quote:
Where will prices go when water gets more scarce?
IMO, certain farmland prices will be going down 1st. I also expect the cost of water to go up a lot. When it does, people will conserve and even consider reclaiming sewer water (wastewater reuse). So when it happens, there will be a lot less green grass and people will re-examine what they plant for shrubs. I know I will.

Plus, hundreds of millions of gallons can be saved simply by rotating crops that use less water. There are all kinds of other options too. Like reducing the waste from the canals. Though nothing will change until the gun is against our heads. So to answer your question, home prices should not be impacted relating to water. Now if it gets 5 degrees hotter, that's a different answer.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:18 AM

5,318 posts, read 3,286,574 times
It is not a bubble, but a boom. That is how a long-time economist in Arizona describes the rising real estate prices we are experiencing in the Phoenix metro area.
https://ktar.com/story/4419443/metro...-end-in-sight/

Old 05-17-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:

A dear old friend of mine, her son... Went to college and had a UPS job he kept hanging onto (even as time passed and he was working 3 jobs he always kept the UPS job). He was training for physical therapy and would need to go to graduate school. However, he married a lady with three kids and they proceeded to have their own. His seniority came up and he was offered the long haul route with UPS and he works similar hours that you do pulling down $150k (and UPS has a good retirement). Maybe you should trade up to a better company so you can save more money.

Old 05-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
A dear old friend of mine, her son... Went to college and had a UPS job he kept hanging onto (even as time passed and he was working 3 jobs he always kept the UPS job). He was training for physical therapy and would need to go to graduate school. However, he married a lady with three kids and they proceeded to have their own. His seniority came up and he was offered the long haul route with UPS and he works similar hours that you do pulling down $150k (and UPS has a good retirement). Maybe you should trade up to a better company so you can save more money.
$87k is good for a non union company in this industry (UPS Freight is Union, IBT/Teamsters, very hard to get into)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area