U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I'm not a real estate expert, but I've never heard of valuation differences attributable to which electric utility happens to service your area.
There is a significant difference APS is terrible.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 10:26 AM

3,146 posts, read 1,934,077 times
and, how is srp "better"?

Old 04-28-2021, 11:19 AM

872 posts, read 1,039,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
and, how is srp "better"?
I'm also interested. APS provides me electricity. I give them money every month. I don't see many complications arising from this transaction, can't remember the last time I had to contact them for any reason.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:46 PM

246 posts, read 149,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I'm also interested. APS provides me electricity. I give them money every month. I don't see many complications arising from this transaction, can't remember the last time I had to contact them for any reason.
I believe SRP has cheaper rates. Personally, my bill isn't bad at all but I have no pool, and it's just me for the most part on the saver choice max plan.

Old 04-29-2021, 10:44 AM

4 posts, read 2,625 times
I know when I was buying a house I was trying to get SRP. Its significantly cheaper. Ended up getting aps anyways and having a swamp cooler installed but the motivation for SRP is definitely there.

My plan is to have my swamp cooler run off of solar you can go to lowes and do it yourself. Seems like a much better alternative to paying 20+ years for solar, being tied to the grid, and hoping the reimbursement for over generating power allows you to break even. With humidity being so low in phoenix I only need to use my AC during the monsoon season.

Old 05-01-2021, 01:21 PM

3,800 posts, read 10,944,480 times
APS is in fact significantly more expensive than SRP. We look at homeowner utility bills all day long and APS tends to be about 25% more expensive than SRP. They also however have a more reliable grid. Our SRP customer's always talk about how the power goes out and they want a batter as part of their solar system, while APS customers typically can't recall the last time the power went out.

I've never however heard this affecting property values or heard of anyone look specifically for homes in SRP vs APS.

Old Today, 11:28 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,549,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
... heard of anyone look specifically for homes in SRP vs APS.
I did as it makes a huge difference for me. APS disgust me with their practices. So SRP it is.

Old Today, 02:23 PM

34,400 posts, read 44,238,215 times
There was an azcentral story not too long ago that pointed out that just a few years ago the difference was about 12% but now that APS picks its own regulators by choosing a person and then funding them in the election as the Republican candidate with a lavish budget, lots of TV ads, etc, the difference has now climbed to 21%. APS is at it again with another rate increase that will get rubber stamped, so the gap will likely grow. Solar, as people explained above, will not help much. APS' hand-picked regulators saw to that a couple years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: