Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 05:52 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,649,092 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine is frustratedly shopping for new TVs, and I had to admit that I couldn't think of any major outlets except Spencer's (where after my bad experience, I hope never to go again) and Best Buy. Is there any other major place? I'm not talking about more limited places like Best Deal, nor about places that are not specifically appliance/electronics stores (like Costco).

People have been talking sadly about the closing of Fry's Electronics (never been there myself, as it was too far away) as a nostalgia thing, but maybe it's real value was just as an alternative.

I didn't like Fry's Electronics. But its closure still feels like losing a bit of my heart
https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...th/6806202002/

I can't even find any small places except Best Deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 06:46 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,890,337 times
Costco, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon

Old 05-02-2021, 07:07 PM

7,298 posts, read 12,208,252 times
This reminds me of people who only buy particular clothing brands from their factory outlets and are unaware that the brands are sold in department stores and online.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:36 PM

4,619 posts, read 9,222,809 times
There's several places that do high end home theaters like Jerry's Audio and Video. If you just want a basic plug and play Samsung or Sony I don't understand how Best Buy, Wal Mart, Target, Costco is not enough to choose from.

Old 05-02-2021, 08:26 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,538,586 times
This can’t be real. There are countless places to buy TVs including an entire internet. Costco is the obvious choice for price and return policy.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:40 AM

50,154 posts, read 23,799,416 times
I just know when I buy it, I want it delivered, set up, and programmed.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:11 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,880,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I just know when I buy it, I want it delivered, set up, and programmed.
those days are fading fast, unless you buy from one of those high end home theater type of places; I think best buy will even send the Geek Squad to your house now to do that for the mere amount of $159.00...

Old 05-03-2021, 10:13 AM

38,955 posts, read 50,875,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
A friend of mine is frustratedly shopping for new TVs, and I had to admit that I couldn't think of any major outlets except Spencer's (where after my bad experience, I hope never to go again) and Best Buy. Is there any other major place? I'm not talking about more limited places like Best Deal, nor about places that are not specifically appliance/electronics stores (like Costco).

People have been talking sadly about the closing of Fry's Electronics (never been there myself, as it was too far away) as a nostalgia thing, but maybe it's real value was just as an alternative.

I didn't like Fry's Electronics. But its closure still feels like losing a bit of my heart

I loved hanging out at Frys back in the day when we built our own computers from components.

The specialty places are gone. They can't compete with the big boxes and online retailers. I have found the best place to be Walmart online/Best Buy. Amazon is not competitive on TVs IMO. Get a Hisense. Good price and the audio is good enough that you won't need a soundbar to hear it clearly.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:01 AM

9,673 posts, read 11,030,809 times
Quote:

If you pigeonhole yourself with not wanting to buy a TV at Costco, you are crazy. I bet they have more selection than any other retailer this day in age (on par with BB) Never mind that you get a longer warranty if you use their Costco credit card for the purchase. And if you buy a Sony for instance (who make the best TVs), they offer a 5-year warranty + another year if you use their Costco credit card. If you buy it at Costco.com, they deliver too.

For a TV and a retail location, my 1st choice would be Costco, my 2nd Costco as well as my 3rd choice. It's a no-brainer. Also, if you buy a TV online and they have an incredible price, google that company name followed by the word "scam". See what comes up. Saying that, sometimes BB is irrational and they don't mind losing hundreds of dollars on a transaction!? When they clear out a model or brand, you can score a great deal. But normally, BB is expensive.

I always check Costco 1st. Other than those people who are selling things on your way out the door. If you want to get screwed, I would highly recommend getting a price with the water softener, blind person, etc.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:28 AM

4,054 posts, read 5,066,268 times
Quote:

Best Deal in Town...bought our last 3 TVs from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area