Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 02:21 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
If you pigeonhole yourself with not wanting to buy a TV at Costco, you are crazy. I bet they have more selection than any other retailer this day in age (on par with BB) Never mind that you get a longer warranty if you use their Costco credit card for the purchase. And if you buy a Sony for instance (who make the best TVs), they offer a 5-year warranty + another year if you use their Costco credit card. If you buy it at Costco.com, they deliver too.

For a TV and a retail location, my 1st choice would be Costco, my 2nd Costco as well as my 3rd choice. It's a no-brainer. Also, if you buy a TV online and they have an incredible price, google that company name followed by the word "scam". See what comes up. Saying that, sometimes BB is irrational and they don't mind losing hundreds of dollars on a transaction!? When they clear out a model or brand, you can score a great deal. But normally, BB is expensive.

I always check Costco 1st. Other than those people who are selling things on your way out the door. If you want to get screwed, I would highly recommend getting a price with the water softener, blind person, etc.
And Costco has their free concierge support.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/concierge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 02:56 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
If you pigeonhole yourself with not wanting to buy a TV at Costco, you are crazy. I bet they have more selection than any other retailer this day in age (on par with BB) Never mind that you get a longer warranty if you use their Costco credit card for the purchase. And if you buy a Sony for instance (who make the best TVs), they offer a 5-year warranty + another year if you use their Costco credit card. If you buy it at Costco.com, they deliver too.

For a TV and a retail location, my 1st choice would be Costco, my 2nd Costco as well as my 3rd choice. It's a no-brainer. Also, if you buy a TV online and they have an incredible price, google that company name followed by the word "scam". See what comes up. Saying that, sometimes BB is irrational and they don't mind losing hundreds of dollars on a transaction!? When they clear out a model or brand, you can score a great deal. But normally, BB is expensive.

I always check Costco 1st. Other than those people who are selling things on your way out the door. If you want to get screwed, I would highly recommend getting a price with the water softener, blind person, etc.
I think we are overlooking the fact that (based on the many threads she's started) the OP may live in some type of parallel universe or could be stuck in a time warp.
(Disclaimer: not a time travel expert)

Old 05-03-2021, 03:15 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I think we are overlooking the fact that (based on the many threads she's started) the OP may live in some type of parallel universe or could be stuck in a time warp.
Yep....

Old 05-03-2021, 06:24 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I'm not sure what you are talking about?

Back on topic: I saw a beautiful used TV for sale on a Scottsdale outdoor back patio that had amazing dried fruit snacks so I bought an extra box for a gift. After that, I went over to the Toasted Mallow for dessert and enjoyed it with a super cheap cup of coffee. I learned that my barista at Discount Coffee (home of the $0.49 cup) also hustles as a house cleaner AND a $14 an hour handyman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdbLirsZ_4Q

Old 05-03-2021, 07:01 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are talking about?

Back on topic: I saw a beautiful used TV for sale on a Scottsdale outdoor back patio that had amazing dried fruit snacks so I bought an extra box for a gift. After that, I went over to the Toasted Mallow for dessert and enjoyed it with a super cheap cup of coffee. I learned that my barista at Discount Coffee (home of the $0.49 cup) also hustles as a house cleaner AND a $14 an hour handyman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdbLirsZ_4Q
You win! Post of the day, month, year?!

Old 05-03-2021, 10:16 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
You guys are baaaaaad!

Old 05-03-2021, 10:46 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,414,990 times
Those Vizios at Walmart are pretty darn good. Parents is 10 yo.. better than my last Sony or Toshiba. They did get stiffed by the YouTube upgrade, though, like many others. No longer works on the older smart tvs.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:46 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
You guys are baaaaaad!
It's all in fun. I must admit, I've always wondered if Pink Jazz's mom is Voebe.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:49 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Those Vizios at Walmart are pretty darn good. Parents is 10 yo.. better than my last Sony or Toshiba. They did get stiffed by the YouTube upgrade, though, like many others. No longer works on the older smart tvs.
I'm going to disagree on the Vizio. Had one in my office and one in the kids playroom and both had to be replaced due to poor quality. I like Sony OLED personally.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:50 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
For on line options try:

Crutchfield

Tiger Direct

I have purchased equipment from both...Crutchfield for over 30 years.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area