Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2021, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,078 times

Advertisements

Greetings!

I’ve been to the area numerous times looking for possible properties.

I really fell for an area: North Coral Gables Drive.

However, none of the available properties really shoot out at me.

Which areas should I check out that are similar: medium lots, hillside?

Talasera (South Mountain) is high on my list but would really like more options to choose from.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2021, 09:13 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,449,737 times
I googled it and this area isn't my area of expertise, but I think the neighborhood is called Moon Valley. North Siders correct me if I'm wrong, or chime in with some suggestions for the OP now that you know what area she's talking about.

Old 05-05-2021, 01:31 AM

962 posts, read 468,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
I googled it and this area isn't my area of expertise, but I think the neighborhood is called Moon Valley. North Siders correct me if I'm wrong, or chime in with some suggestions for the OP now that you know what area she's talking about.

You are correct. North Coral Gables starts at Thunderbird at what would be 9th or 10th Ave and runs up along Moon Mtn. until it gets to where Greenway Pkwy should be (that's where Greenway curves up almost to Bell Rd). Then it turns east and becomes E Coral Gables and runs over to 7th St. It's the west and north boundaries of the Moon Valley neighborhood, although some people also refer to the larger general area as Moon Valley. E Coral Gables continues over toward Lookout Mtn, where it ends at 12th St.

Most of the homes in the area date from the 70's, so not new, but that comes with the benefit of mature landscaping and the neighborhoods are very attractive. Convenient to the 17 and 51 freeways and every store you could ever need is just up on Bell Rd. Also, the Moon Valley neighborhood has a tremendous Christmas light decorating competition.
https://www.localityhomes.com/best-c...x-moon-valley/

If you didn't like the homes in Moon Valley proper, there are a few for sale just the other side of 7th St. along the lower slopes of Lookout Mtn in the Regency Heights neighborhood.

Old 05-05-2021, 06:59 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
Actually know the area pretty well and if I had remained in the Phoenix area would have looked around the same area.

One thing to remember in Phoenix is not all areas are static and get better or worse as you move away from downtown. Quite possible to find a little neighborhood that is similar tucked away amidst multi-tenant housing or lower income neighborhoods. Drive by and you'll miss them if you blink. There are a couple of small neighborhoods on the other side of that hill that you enter from 19th Ave. My post-divorce bachelor pad was in the apartments across the street and I'd walk my dog through those neighborhoods regularly.

Stay in that band north of Cactus/Thunderbird all the way over to Tatum and go up to the Loop 101. All the real estate websites allow you to customize your search, so I'd draw a line around that area, configure your search to houses built before 1990 and yards that are over 7500 SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: