U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM

4,105 posts, read 7,992,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Good ole "caliche"! Saw a lot of it on the trails in the 85028 with my dogs. Do people actually drill through that stuff when building or renovating, though? I know they didn't back when Phoenix was being developed, and in more recent decades.

I'd be curious what your experience is with that, and the stats on it if you know of any.
Basement homes are all over the place in the Southeast valley of metro Phoenix. I had one in my prior home in Chandler, large rec room, bar, tv area, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. It kept cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter. Problem was my 1 and 5 year olds at the time didn't like being down there without us so we figured it would be better to get the same square footage on one level. They do exist though, I can think of at least 10 subdivisions in my area that have them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM

11 posts, read 1,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Subjectively speaking, I've never met a tube amp that I've liked (they cannot drive a variable impedance load very well). But they look cool. I don't recognize your speakers?

Well, those LP's act as pseudo-diffuser (think room treatment). So they still add value. I ripped my entire CD collection lossless and it totaled up to 13 TB (plenty of SACD's). I never use it.

Re: homes. Make sure to drive out to Agritopia. I bet you will be impressed. Just realize there are plenty of younger families in that neighborhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
wow, I havent heard the name "Sansui" mentioned in decades

we sold ALL our non digital media before we moved out here to a man who was starting a mobile cd/album/cassette business, so we didnt have to do ANYTHING with that stuff aside from helping him load his truck..

wont ever buy media again at this point, although there is no doubt how much better the vinyl digital masters sound than anything else..
The Sansui AU-719 does have its fans, but anybody who knows the amp knows about the "black flag" capacitor issue. Mine needs them all replaced, but I doubt that's all it needs. T'was a time many moons ago when it was the strongest component in the chain, but it's been the weakest by far for quite some time.

I get why many people sell it all off and I respect the decision. I did consider trying to pare down my library before moving, but decided there's just too much on my plate already. Frankly, I have better options for selling some it off in AZ than I do in KCMO.

Old Today, 03:46 AM

6,981 posts, read 8,440,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJiminMissouri View Post
The Sansui AU-719 does have its fans, but anybody who knows the amp knows about the "black flag" capacitor issue. Mine needs them all replaced, but I doubt that's all it needs. T'was a time many moons ago when it was the strongest component in the chain, but it's been the weakest by far for quite some time.

I get why many people sell it all off and I respect the decision. I did consider trying to pare down my library before moving, but decided there's just too much on my plate already. Frankly, I have better options for selling some it off in AZ than I do in KCMO.
I see you have tube friendly (efficient) speaker. That’s paramount. I own a pair of Revel 328Be https://www.revelspeakers.com/produc...=floorstanding . I couple that with a NAD M33 (2.2 w/ an HDMI card) which has Dirac Live room correction. I am pleased with the overall synergy.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

11 posts, read 1,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I see you have tube friendly (efficient) speaker. That’s paramount. I own a pair of Revel 328Be https://www.revelspeakers.com/produc...=floorstanding . I couple that with a NAD M33 (2.2 w/ an HDMI card) which has Dirac Live room correction. I am pleased with the overall synergy.
Impressive. You've gone a totally different direction than I. Wouldn't mind hearing your system. Perhaps one day if I ever get through this move we can swap listening chairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area