U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2021, 05:09 PM

163 posts, read 236,375 times

Advertisements

I guess not specific to Phoenix, but are there any agents who look for rentals on behalf of renters? Or, agents who look for renters on behalf of landlords?

Partner and I will be moving to Phoenix next year for one year (temporary) and am looking for a home to rent. Budget is above 3K/month so that may help with whether or not an agent/landlord would bother.

Anyone know if this a thing? If so, any referrals?

Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 07:53 PM
Status: "Transplanted Californian in Alabama" (set 6 days ago)

659 posts, read 1,439,194 times
Yes, there are. Most of them do it unless they have millionaire clients.

Homefinders is what I used when I moved to PHX. Maybe it was Homesavers? I know it had "home" in the name. Wish I could remember her name. First name was Barbara.

Somebody will come on and clue you (and me).

P.S. I found her name and email. I will direct message you with her info. I found a place in two tries inside of one day.

You should be able to find a nice rental with that budget.

Last edited by pathrunner; 05-13-2021 at 08:04 PM..

Old 05-14-2021, 09:52 AM

1,006 posts, read 523,968 times
Any agent worth their salt won't bother (unless they know you might be buying a home in the near future). Reason being is that commission for a rental is typically about $250. That may not even pay the gas driving around to look at homes, not to mention all the time involved. Now, if you said we want to rent for a year and then plan on buying a million dollar home....well, then I assume some would jump on it.

Old 05-14-2021, 04:25 PM

163 posts, read 236,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Any agent worth their salt won't bother (unless they know you might be buying a home in the near future). Reason being is that commission for a rental is typically about $250. That may not even pay the gas driving around to look at homes, not to mention all the time involved. Now, if you said we want to rent for a year and then plan on buying a million dollar home....well, then I assume some would jump on it.
Figured as much. I wouldn’t need to be taken to the properties though. We’ll be renting a place sight unseen since we are coming from out of state and don’t have time to look at properties.

I’m really just looking for someone to use their network/connection to find us the home we need for one year. That could mean just browsing the web and negotiating the deal on our behalf.

I’ve seen these services on HGTV but figured they weren’t a thing. Maybe on multi million dollar properties where rent is $13,000k/month.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:17 AM

6,285 posts, read 12,833,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
There are a couple agencies that specialize in apartment rentals, they don’t typically show more than one or two places that they already know you’re qualified for.. often the complexes they push have bigger commissions & accept rough credit, felons & such. The agents won’t spend much time with you, they’re trying to place a couple tenants per day to make the $$$. Check Craigslist..

Old 05-17-2021, 02:15 PM

23,321 posts, read 42,780,668 times
I trust www.Realtor.com which shows rentals and has a number of filters you may apply.

Here's a search I just did for SFHs btw $2500-$3500 month. The search returned 92 properties.

I would not trust craigslist as it's full of scammers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old Today, 03:42 AM

636 posts, read 480,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconBurgerTaco10 View Post
Figured as much. I wouldn’t need to be taken to the properties though. We’ll be renting a place sight unseen since we are coming from out of state and don’t have time to look at properties.

I’m really just looking for someone to use their network/connection to find us the home we need for one year. That could mean just browsing the web and negotiating the deal on our behalf.

I’ve seen these services on HGTV but figured they weren’t a thing. Maybe on multi million dollar properties where rent is $13,000k/month.
That's not true! It's not always about the money - good to be of service esp to those who are from out of state!!! The sad part is that the landlords and/or property management tend to list their own rentals on apartments.com or zillow etc. and so for an agent they don't have a comprehensive list of homes available on the MLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area