Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2021, 05:47 PM

8 posts, read 16,384 times

Advertisements

So I originally made a post a few weeks ago about either wanting to move to Vegas or Miami. For whatever reason, I have been having a very hard time finding a place in Las Vegas. Most of the people in the apartment complexes Are either very incompetent or very dishonest about pricing. Not to mention a lot of the places there tend to have some severe bug problems. And I keep bombing my credit score with applying to these places and spending unnecessary money. It is truly making me want to give up on Las Vegas. As I have said before in my previous post, I am a swing/jazz singer and a bodybuilder. So I am wondering if music scene is any good in the Phoenix area as far as opportunities go. I am actually well aware of their fitness scene, that seems to be a strong point in Phoenix. The reason this has come about it because I have a family member out that way who recommended Phoenix as a very decent place to live. It has the desert scenery that I do very much so enjoy. And it is a very large metropolitan area. More of a city feels sort of speak versus Vegas which is a huge Disneyland center. I am sure as far as entertainment goes, Vegas most likely win. But for as large as Phoenix is, it can’t be that bad right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 07:27 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,470,404 times
If you plan on supporting yourself through singing old jazz standards, Las Vegas might be the only place your talents will be rewarded. Have a couple of friends that sit in to play with jazz bands on occasion and most gigs are simply for fun. The only consistent paying gigs might be weddings.

Don't know anything about them, but there was a Musician's Union building in my old neighborhood. Maybe contact them to see what the professional musician scene is like?

Old 05-13-2021, 10:13 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invulnerabledr View Post
I am a swing/jazz singer and a bodybuilder. So I am wondering if music scene is any good in the Phoenix area as far as opportunities go. I am actually well aware of their fitness scene, that seems to be a strong point in Phoenix. The reason this has come about it because I have a family member out that way who recommended Phoenix as a very decent place to live. It has the desert scenery that I do very much so enjoy. And it is a very large metropolitan area. More of a city feels sort of speak versus Vegas which is a huge Disneyland center. I am sure as far as entertainment goes, Vegas most likely win. But for as large as Phoenix is, it can’t be that bad right?
Phoenix may be a bigger city compared to Las Vegas, but Vegas seems to be the place to go for entertainment, including various music tastes. To be honest, I don't know of too many swing/jazz venues in Phoenix, but I'll bet there are a good share along & near the Vegas Strip. After all, Vegas is the spot where "lounge music" and the Rat Pack originated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: