Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 04:01 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Interesting! And highly disturbing.
Yes.

We bought a house in the Bay Area in a subdivision that had those (obviously illegal and invalid) stipulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 06:11 PM

2,379 posts, read 2,711,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Home flipper sold a corner house down the street backs up to 7th street for 125k more then any other house in our sub-division has sold for. We were shocked it sold for so much what we didn't know was the person who bought it runs a AirBnB business. He rents multiple houses I'm assuming this one is up for $415 a night. I can see how much of a money maker these can be.

The house sold about 40 days ago last Saturday was blow out party. Cars filled our entire neighborhood and bunch of guys with saggy jeans, booming stereos throwing glass bottles, and racing up and down the street.

The city has an ordnance everyone has called in to report the house suppose to register with the city and post the contact information. I sent a note to the owner he got back to me with an apology saying he had no idea. How can he do anything unless he asks for $5000 deposit what can you do.

The police were called and they left but at first we didn't know thought it was a legitimate neighbor just having a party wasn't until I woke up to two cars burning their tires and a booming stereo.
It's not clear to me whether this is part of an HOA, which would be a great recourse.

You're so lucky that you have a polite owner! First, call the cops every time it occurs. Second, write back and thank your neighbor for his courtesy and concern, and tell him that one preliminary step he can take would be to write in a clause about noise and maximum occupancy into his leases. And he must have a local management company, right?

Old 05-24-2021, 01:19 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I expect he meant to say CCRs, which are Community Covenants and Restrictions
Or maybe Creedence Clearwater Revival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
It's not clear to me whether this is part of an HOA, which would be a great recourse.

You're so lucky that you have a polite owner! First, call the cops every time it occurs. Second, write back and thank your neighbor for his courtesy and concern, and tell him that one preliminary step he can take would be to write in a clause about noise and maximum occupancy into his leases. And he must have a local management company, right?
I already said my neighborhood has no HOA there are no deed restrictions either. The homes were built in 1976 without an HOA. Most tract homes in that time period other then condo's or something like McCormick Ranch were non-HOA. HOA's became much more popular in the late 1980s and became standard in the 1990's for all new build single family tract homes. I'm glad there is no HOA I will never live in an HOA unless I'm getting something for my money like a water park yard services, or golf course something paying someone to write you tickets about a trash can being left out longer then 24 hours is not a plus.

As far as this house is concerned we will work with the owner, but no he has no local property manager this is where I think Airbnb is failing the service they should offer contracted local property managers. Just watched a video local news about a man living out of state he had cameras watched his house being wrecked by a party he called the police they could do nothing because he was not there. We shall see if what he told me is the truth or if this place is simply a party house which he owns. Frankly if your making $400 a night that could easily pay for damage and cleaning bills still turn a profit.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:27 AM

28 posts, read 27,099 times
Quote:
Frankly if your making $400 a night that could easily pay for damage and cleaning bills still turn a profit.
It also easily pays any possible fines from the city for maintaining a nuisance property. The penalties currently in place are meaningless for these situations.

The character of your neighborhood will be drastically changed because of this house and those that live in immediate proximity will have their quality of life completely destroyed.

Old 05-24-2021, 10:10 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I expect he meant to say CCRs, which are Community Covenants and Restrictions
Yes, sorry I meant CC&R. I'm not an expert but my understanding is neighborhoods do not need an HOA to have CC&Rs and indeed most houses in Arizona have these in place regardless of HOA membership. I don't remember how to search for them but a previous home I owned had a CCR (no HOA) that stated something
about allowing rental only to members of a single family. This could be used to prevent Airbnb party house rentals.
If no HOA exists, the only way to enforce the rules is to sue in court.

https://www.hoatalk.com/Forum/tabid/...c/Default.aspx

https://www.lynchlegalfirm.com/artic...y-still-apply/

Old 05-25-2021, 09:19 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Or maybe Creedence Clearwater Revival
Coca-Cola & Rum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: