Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 03:00 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,435,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Dreamer View Post
Kinda what we see now with San Tan/Queen Creek and Maricopa areas of the east valley.

I understand the less expensive housing perspective. However, one of the reasons I decided years ago not to consider San Tan/Queen Creek and Maricopa was it's too damn far out and the roads were essentially non-existent or inadequate. Still feel that way today. One accident on the 347 ties up everything for hours.
Maricopa is the Victorville of Arizona pretty much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 10:16 PM

8,020 posts, read 12,167,423 times
Quote:
Kinda what we see now with San Tan/Queen Creek and Maricopa areas of the east valley.

I understand the less expensive housing perspective. However, one of the reasons I decided years ago not to consider San Tan/Queen Creek and Maricopa was it's too damn far out and the roads were essentially non-existent or inadequate. Still feel that way today. One accident on the 347 ties up everything for hours.
Absolutely! I have a friend who recently moved to San Tan Valley, only because the housing is much more affordable. He works from home, so the commute isn't an issue, but the internet service tends to be sketchy. Also in many of those exurban areas, the better shopping & dining choices are limited, and you're generally restricted to the basic chain/big box stores. Want to go to a concert, museum, or Suns game? It's a hell of a long drive into Phoenix for those things.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:17 PM

123 posts, read 106,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Absolutely! I have a friend who recently moved to San Tan Valley, only because the housing is much more affordable. He works from home, so the commute isn't an issue, but the internet service tends to be sketchy. Also in many of those exurban areas, the better shopping & dining choices are limited, and you're generally restricted to the basic chain/big box stores. Want to go to a concert, museum, or Suns game? It's a hell of a long drive into Phoenix for those things.
That's why I never venture over to a hockey game... too far from where I live in Gilbert and the traffic is crap during the PM rush hour

Old 06-09-2021, 04:27 PM

1,617 posts, read 1,220,308 times
Quote:
That's why I never venture over to a hockey game... too far from where I live in Gilbert and the traffic is crap during the PM rush hour
Exactly why stadiums should be centrally located downtown. Plus they make downtowns more lively.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,435,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Exactly why stadiums should be centrally located downtown. Plus they make downtowns more lively.
The Coyotes did play downtown for their first 12 seasons or so

Old 06-09-2021, 04:49 PM

10,950 posts, read 6,678,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Have you guys ever been to Alice Cooper's place near the stadiums? I always meant to go. He and his wife attend the church I used to attend. They are very nice and approachable people.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,538,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Have you guys ever been to Alice Cooper's place near the stadiums? I always meant to go. He and his wife attend the church I used to attend. They are very nice and approachable people.
It closed years ago. It was a decent pre-game spot though.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:25 PM

1,617 posts, read 1,220,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The Coyotes did play downtown for their first 12 seasons or so
Yeah, and then they moved out west away from the majority of their fanbase in the east valley.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:20 AM

4,054 posts, read 5,066,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Cooperstown is pretty cool...we have run into Alice Cooper there a few times. He really is one of the nicest people/celebs in town. He also runs a Teen musician program "Alice Cooper's Solid Rock" and they have a competition every year called "Proof is in the Pudding".

Old 06-10-2021, 09:58 AM

10,950 posts, read 6,678,831 times
I lived near there. Glad it's still open. The Thrift Store didn't make it. Too much work, too much competition. I think the Teen Center will make it. It's pretty cool. I got a tour of it once. Great place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area