U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 01:17 PM

544 posts, read 221,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Just pointing out the silly contradictions in your posts and trying to get you to understand that in this area, the paranoia about crime isn’t warranted. Relax. It’s a nice area for the most part. It sounds like you’ll need to increase your budget though if all you’re finding is AJ and other terrible locations.
I'm sorry. You're not providing much value here. Are you going to keep trying to prove your "silly" points?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 01:32 PM

4,149 posts, read 8,015,234 times
Quote:
You’re reaching at this point. No one’s talking about a place to raise kids. We’re talking about a short-term rental. Also, sex offenders are all over including the safest places on paper. The Phoenix area and surrounding suburbs are safe, with some very isolated exceptions. “Safety isn’t an issue most anywhere around here” remains an accurate statement.
The word "raise" threw you off? If you're living in an area with kids for a few months it's basically the same experience.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:37 PM

8,182 posts, read 14,065,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
The word "raise" threw you off? If you're living in an area with kids for a few months it's basically the same experience.
Yes. There’s a massive difference between putting down roots and raising kids in a place versus staying somewhere short-term.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Yes. There’s a massive difference between putting down roots and raising kids in a place versus staying somewhere short-term.
Let me clarify for you. Raising kids is what the OP does every day. Whether they are in a camper traveling all over, staying in temporary hotels or living in a house in a strange city for three months, that's all part of "raising" kids. Stupid semantics argument aside, why can't you stay out of threads that have to do with raising kids? From what I can tell you don't have kids so you really only need to worry about yourself. You're coming across like Robin Quivers doling out parenting tips

Old 05-22-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Let me clarify for you. Raising kids is what the OP does every day. Whether they are in a camper traveling all over, staying in temporary hotels or living in a house in a strange city for three months, that's all part of "raising" kids. Stupid semantics argument aside, why can't you stay out of threads that have to do with raising kids? From what I can tell you don't have kids so you really only need to worry about yourself. You're coming across like Robin Quivers doling out parenting tips
You’re turning it into a parenting issue. No one wants to be affected by crime, kids or not. It just doesn’t warrant the paranoia of fretting over petty crimes in north Phoenix (where this conversation began).

Old 05-22-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
You’re turning it into a parenting issue. No one wants to be affected by crime, kids or not. It just doesn’t warrant the paranoia of fretting over petty crimes in north Phoenix (where this conversation began).
This while thread is about a parent issue

Old 05-22-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Ugh.

My only issue was with your terminology that "most anywhere" in the Phoenix area is safe. That gives the impression that maybe he doesn't need to investigate other places as almost everything is safe. With the knowledge that he's looking at lower income areas, I simply disagreed with that since the OP mentioned his primary issue is safety due to having kids. Most lower income areas in the Phoenix area are NOT safe, especially with kids in the equation.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Ugh.

My only issue was with your terminology that "most anywhere" in the Phoenix area is safe. That gives the impression that maybe he doesn't need to investigate other places as almost everything is safe. With the knowledge that he's looking at lower income areas, I simply disagreed with that since the OP mentioned his primary issue is safety due to having kids. Most lower income areas in the Phoenix area are NOT safe, especially with kids in the equation.
Stupid semantics aside, most lower income areas anywhere in the world aren’t the pinnacle of safety. Did anyone actually need to tell him that? Most anywhere in the Phoenix area IS safe. The safe areas far outnumber the few higher-crime areas, therefore the statement is accurate.

Old 05-22-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Stupid semantics aside, most lower income areas anywhere in the world aren’t the pinnacle of safety. Did anyone actually need to tell him that? Most anywhere in the Phoenix area IS safe. The safe areas far outnumber the few higher-crime areas, therefore the statement is accurate.
There's a spectrum. On one end you have very safe. On the other, you have dangerous. The more you travel on the spectrum to one side or the other, it becomes more or less safe. You seem to be implying that it's a black or white issue. Is Chandler safer than south Phoenix? Yes. Is Gilbert safer than Chandler? Yes. I can't believe it has to be explained to you in this way. Then again, I'm not sure who, or how old you are.

Old 05-22-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
There's a spectrum. On one end you have very safe. On the other, you have dangerous. The more you travel on the spectrum to one side or the other, it becomes more or less safe. You seem to be implying that it's a black or white issue. Is Chandler safer than south Phoenix? Yes. Is Gilbert safer than Chandler? Yes. I can't believe it has to be explained to you in this way. Then again, I'm not sure who, or how old you are.
You’re unfamiliar with the area and it shows. There are parts of Chandler that are way worse than some parts of Phoenix. It’s not at all black and white. It’s funny how you’re arguing that there is a spectrum and then trying to paint everything as binary.

Bottom line, if you’re so worried about safety, pony up and pay for an affluent area, not BFE San Tan or Apache Junction. It seems like you’re incredibly concerned about crime, but not willing to pay for the isolation you seem desperate for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area