U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 10:41 PM

6,747 posts, read 3,559,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidAZ View Post
Keep reaching. I have owned homes in California where we have had to tent homes to kill termites. I asked the house inspectors and termite control people there and in Phoenix, why don't we have to tent homes in Phoenix?

The answer was consistent - the heat does kill Termites. A single google search reveals the top result - https://www.tapstermite.com/radiant-...the%20termites.

How hurt is your ego that you have to keep trying to claim ridiculous assertions in spite of evidence?

When was the last time you had to tent your home in Phoenix? I'll wait for an answer. Let's see some photos of you tenting your home as well.

As someone who has had to pay thousands to tent a home to treat termites in California, your Texas loving, AZ hating personality really amuses me. I'll look forward to your future snide retorts. You just can't seem to let something go and acknowledge that you are wrong or know less than other people on some subjects.
My understanding from speaking to a pest control company that the reason they have to tent the house for termites in California the species in California fly, and infest the attic of a home's upper levels. Where in Arizona the termites do not fly and come out out of the ground. I was born and raised in California almost every home we ever lived in we had to tent the home and treat it as part of the sale. There was always termites found .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 07:20 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,093,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
It's more pronounced in the west and only a handful of US metros have matched median price increases seen in Phoenix since the low experienced in 2012, at the bottom of the housing market crash. Outside of the west it's really only the shining stars of Austin, Atlanta, Columbus, Nashville and Miami on the same levels as Phoenix.

Cleveland: Up 78.4%
Cincinnati: Up 72.3%
Toledo: Up 66.8%
Columbus: Up 93%
Minneapolis: Up 63%
Pittsburgh: Up 38%
Chicago: 77%

Boston: Up 74%
New York: Up 51%
Philly: Up 48%
Baltimore: Up 34%
DC: Up 45%

Dallas: Up 80%
Houston: Up 69.5%
San Antonio: Up 55.6%
St. Louis: Up 55%
OKC: Up 35%
Austin: Up 97%
Nashville: Up 94%
Miami: Up 101%
Atlanta: 115%
Las Vegas: Up 122.6%
Denver: Up 99%

Phoenix: Up 98.6%
Seattle: Up 117%
Los Angeles: Up 92%
San Diego: Up 91%
San Fran: Up 110%
San Jose: Up 117%
Riverside: Up 111%
Portland: Up 96%
Boise: Up 147%

https://www.kiplinger.com/article/re...tro-areas.html
Is it actually the real estate market or dare I say it - hyper inflation is back 1970s style.

Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Status: "Transplanted Californian in Alabama" (set 16 days ago)

698 posts, read 1,450,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Congrats on the move. I was impressed with the houses in Madison. What a nice suburb.
Harvest is even nicer IMO. I was just out there. But the traffic is horrendous with the two lane country roads and construction. I live south of Huntsville, no big new developments. Still beautiful, not crowded, 25 mins. from metro.

Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Status: "Transplanted Californian in Alabama" (set 16 days ago)

698 posts, read 1,450,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Practically anywhere can have termites, but Arizona certainly has its problems with them. Anybody who claims that our summer heat kills termites is badly mistaken, especially when one of the most destructive species is most noticeable during the summer monsoon ... which coincides with the hottest time of year on average. There's a website which identifies Arizona has having 4 different termite species, and one of the most prevalent is the Desert Subterranean termite.
https://www.termite.com/termites/termites-arizona.html

My house had to be treated twice for termites, and I have the bills to prove it. I know somebody who had extensive wood frame & drywall damage from termites. Obviously our heat & dryness wasn't enough to reduce the problem. A homeowner who has lived in a house for any lengthy amount of time will likely have experienced some form of infestation. It's not a matter of if, but WHEN. Chances are that if a person doesn't currently have a termite problem, he/she is living in a newer build, or is just extremely lucky.

Again, I say: consider the source.
I lived in a condo for 6 years at Tatum and Shea. You do the deductive thinking. There are 3. I'll bet all of them have extensive termites. My garage was full of termites. There was a door to the kitchen. There were termite tracks across the kitchen ceiling. It was a two-story, I was on the first floor. Left untreated, the building could have easily caved in at some point.

Nobody seemed concerned. I was renting but if I had been an owner, I would definitely have gotten that dealt with.

I was told by my property manager that termites are a big thing in Phoenix, and apparently no big deal since nothing was done. I was appalled. (I did like her.) I checked records recently and it appears the place was sold last year. I wonder if there was even an inspection.

Old Today, 10:57 PM

6,747 posts, read 3,559,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I lived in a condo for 6 years at Tatum and Shea. You do the deductive thinking. There are 3. I'll bet all of them have extensive termites. My garage was full of termites. There was a door to the kitchen. There were termite tracks across the kitchen ceiling. It was a two-story, I was on the first floor. Left untreated, the building could have easily caved in at some point.

Nobody seemed concerned. I was renting but if I had been an owner, I would definitely have gotten that dealt with.

I was told by my property manager that termites are a big thing in Phoenix, and apparently no big deal since nothing was done. I was appalled. (I did like her.) I checked records recently and it appears the place was sold last year. I wonder if there was even an inspection.
I wonder in a condo where you share cost though HOA fees to cover the structure I would think that would cost everyone not just the one owner. I could be wrong about that I had a termite warranty I let laps mostly because the previous owner had built a wooden deck right on the ground. Once I removed all the wood put in concrete I kept the termite service for a few years then let it go. All they did was guy showed up with a flat shovel pulled the dirt and gravel away from the house making a 2" trench where the concrete foundation meets the dirt pour little powder in that trench push the dirt back over it. Maybe I should get an inspection although I know they will say there are termites so they can treat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area