U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 05:20 PM

34,629 posts, read 44,683,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Lakers were losing game 4 before AD got injured.
I'm sticking to my guns. The Lakers are the better team with everyone healthy. The Suns would not have beaten the Lakers in G4 or G5 had AD not gone down. Lebron can't do it alone anymore. In fact, it is reasonable to think that AD was more important to them than Lebron. I'm a bandwagon Suns fan like everyone else, but a realist too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 05:35 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,091,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm sticking to my guns. The Lakers are the better team with everyone healthy. The Suns would not have beaten the Lakers in G4 or G5 had AD not gone down. Lebron can't do it alone anymore. In fact, it is reasonable to think that AD was more important to them than Lebron. I'm a bandwagon Suns fan like everyone else, but a realist too.
Well yeah, as a gambler I would have taken the Lakers if everyone is healthy. However as a former athlete, it drove me crazy when people said "we woulda done this or that". The fact is the Suns were leading when AD went down so there's no moral victories. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and the better team won because they largely avoided them.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:09 PM

34,629 posts, read 44,683,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Well yeah, as a gambler I would have taken the Lakers if everyone is healthy. However as a former athlete, it drove me crazy when people said "we woulda done this or that". The fact is the Suns were leading when AD went down so there's no moral victories. Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game and the better team won because they largely avoided them.
No, you are right - no moral victories and nowhere for LA fans to hide (I did not hear any of that from the players after the game). Injuries, illness, bad calls are all a part of the big picture. The Suns were smiled upon by the basketball gods and they took advantage of it - and then some.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:56 PM

6,939 posts, read 10,133,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Yep, sure is.
Love watching the "king" cry like a baby. Congrats Suns!
While most of the Lakers players stuck around after the game to congratulate the Suns players, crybaby LeBron walked off the court with his head hung down. Proves what a sore loser he his. The media potrays him as being the star player, but he's not all that great in reality. Plus, he shows very little sportsmanship. Congrats to the Suns for defeating the Lakers, and for deflating LeBron's ego!

Old 06-11-2021, 02:22 PM

6,939 posts, read 10,133,157 times
The Suns are on a winning streak AGAIN! They beat the Nuggets twice, and now are headed to Denver for 2 more games. If they can keep up the same momentum, they will definitely be headed to the finals, which would be a first in 28 years. The star players this season are better performers than most other NBA teams, which is largely the reason why the Suns currently have one of the most winning records.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:18 PM

2,316 posts, read 4,122,452 times
Suns best eclipses Jazz or Clippers. Suns won all 3 meetings with Utah this year too. Seems folks are afraid to say the C word...Why not ?

The 1999 Rams went a decade of missing playoffs and won their first and only title when things went there way.

The Big 3 in Brooklyn could be tough but if Harden is out...like Suns chances assuming they stay healthy.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:49 PM

23,943 posts, read 13,079,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Suns best eclipses Jazz or Clippers. Suns won all 3 meetings with Utah this year too. Seems folks are afraid to say the C word...Why not ?

The 1999 Rams went a decade of missing playoffs and won their first and only title when things went there way.

The Big 3 in Brooklyn could be tough but if Harden is out...like Suns chances assuming they stay healthy.
The Suns are capable of winning the Western Conference but I don't see them beating the Nets....Harden out gives them a better shot.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:20 AM

5,844 posts, read 7,454,213 times
Was this expected or did the Suns come out of nowhere? I do not follow NBA and last I heard from a Suns fan was a few years back when they just missed the Croatian kid in Dallas that was the hot prospect until Zion game along. Nice to see a local team doing well. I have only been to 2 NBA games. One was a Suns game a few years ago. It was after D-Backs opening day. Suns were offering $8 upper bowl tickets to anyone with a D-Backs ticket. Why not? Suns were not good but the fans were still into the game. I enjoyed most because Aaron Rodgers was there and I was able to boo him.

Hopefully the Suns can keep this run alive. Do me a solid and avenge the $5 I lost when I bet on them in the '93 final.

Old 06-12-2021, 09:26 AM

7,869 posts, read 4,944,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Was this expected or did the Suns come out of nowhere? I do not follow NBA and last I heard from a Suns fan was a few years back when they just missed the Croatian kid in Dallas that was the hot prospect until Zion game along. Nice to see a local team doing well.
Luka Dončić is Slovenian, which is next to Croatia!

I think back in the 2018 draft when the Suns chose Ayton #1 and the Mavericks chose Luka #3, and the subsequent 2 years after that, the analysts where criticizing the Suns for that pick, and in the long run they might still be right.

The thing with the Suns and you saw a glimpse of their potential at the end of last season in the bubble, when they won all those games in a row, they finally found the right "pieces of the puzzle" this season, with Ayton, Paul, Booker, Bridges and Crowder.

The players compliment each other and run that high-octane pick-and-roll attack perfectly.

I do hope the Suns win it all this year, since Paul is 36 and not getting any younger, so you never know how large their window is in getting that championship finally (just look at the Raptors!), of course they could potentially replace Chris Paul when he retires, with someone that can keep the chemistry going, but you never know.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:41 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,091,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Luka Dončić is Slovenian, which is next to Croatia!

I think back in the 2018 draft when the Suns chose Ayton #1 and the Mavericks chose Luka #3, and the subsequent 2 years after that, the analysts where criticizing the Suns for that pick, and in the long run they might still be right.

The thing with the Suns and you saw a glimpse of their potential at the end of last season in the bubble, when they won all those games in a row, they finally found the right "pieces of the puzzle" this season, with Ayton, Paul, Booker, Bridges and Crowder.

The players compliment each other and run that high-octane pick-and-roll attack perfectly.

I do hope the Suns win it all this year, since Paul is 36 and not getting any younger, so you never know how large their window is in getting that championship finally (just look at the Raptors!), of course they could potentially replace Chris Paul when he retires, with someone that can keep the chemistry going, but you never know.
Doncic is definitely a better player. He's an All-NBA type player and some are even mentioning him among the best in the league right now. Ayton is borderline all star, but not there yet (although he's playing better in the playoffs).

Although some mentioned Doncic as a better player on draft day, Euros are tough to project and the Suns have been burned in the past going that route. I think Ayton was the safer pick at the time but now it's clear who the best player was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area