U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 01:17 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,531,332 times

Advertisements

Saturday is the grand opening of the 1st 99 Ranch Market Asian store in Arizona
99 Ranch Market
Ranch

We have been getting a lot of inquiries on these n 99 Ranch Market’s Grand Opening is on May 29th

Address: 1920 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ
99 Ranch Market, the leading Asian grocery store chain, is set to open its first store in the Grand Canyon State, in Maricopa County's city of Chandler, AZ.

They are bringing several Asian restaurants with them and will be a supplier of many new asian themed shops and eating establishments
Quote:
The market’s website lists three new tenants coming to the food court: Nine Wings, which serves chicken and noodles; a second outpost for Phoenix vegetarian restaurant Veggie Village, serving vegan and vegetarian offerings; and Jin Tofu Village, which serves Korean barbecue and silken tofu soup. The Arizona Republic reported earlier this May that Taiwanese dessert shop Meet Fresh, Kura Revolving Sushi Bar and Uncle Lee's Kitchen are also expected to join the market in the fourth quarter of 2021.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 03:57 AM

3,545 posts, read 8,736,761 times
When I lived in Orange County, CA I shopped once in awhile at 99 Ranch. My guess is they are following lots of their customers who have moved from Southern Cal to AZ. 99 Ranch has a variety of fresh veggies and seafood products that are not available in typical chain grocery stores in the US. Many other items on the shelves are things not often seen in the major chain groceries. It is an experience to shop there, if you are a Fry's/Ralph's or Safeway/Vons shopper.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:57 AM

2,600 posts, read 6,599,665 times
There's a small error in the media coverage. This location may be the only local 99 Ranch Market, but it's not the first. There was a 99 Ranch Market at the former Chinese Cultural Center, but it was rebranded as Super L Ranch Market in 2006.

Old 05-28-2021, 04:51 PM

704 posts, read 689,106 times
  1. Huh. Didn't know this place was a chain. Growing up in the south bay area, I thought the one in Cupertino was a one-off, or tiny local chain or maybe a few stores. Didn't know it was spread far and wide.
  2. So maybe that sad and desolate plaza won't be so sad and desolate anymore. Was always very cringey driving by there and seeing that.

Old 05-28-2021, 04:55 PM

4,154 posts, read 8,027,511 times
It's 2 miles away from the Lee Lee Asian market. Curious if there is enough demand for Asian grocers for 2 of them to survive.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:13 PM

5,344 posts, read 3,313,830 times
We live in Mesa and the wife shops at:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/asiana-mark...an+Supermarket

Also goes to:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/h-mart-mesa...an+Supermarket
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mekong-supe...an+Supermarket

Old 05-28-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
It's 2 miles away from the Lee Lee Asian market. Curious if there is enough demand for Asian grocers for 2 of them to survive.
Since it's along the Dobson Road Corridor, I'd say yes. Just a few miles north in Mesa, Mekong Market, Arizona International Marketplace, and H Mart all thrive within a half mile of one another. Dobson has become the metropolitan area's Asian business district, and it has been growing steadily for over a decade.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:40 PM

4,154 posts, read 8,027,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Since it's along the Dobson Road Corridor, I'd say yes. Just a few miles north in Mesa, Mekong Market, Arizona International Marketplace, and H Mart all thrive within a half mile of one another. Dobson has become the metropolitan area's Asian business district, and it has been growing steadily for over a decade.
Right, but still it is surrounded by low density housing that is not exactly "Chinatown" in nature. They are definitely going to take market share from each other and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them turned into one of those trampoline places in 5 years.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:26 AM

15,305 posts, read 26,427,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post

And when I am in Phoenix, my rotation is:

AZ International Marketplace - best source of cheap quality produce
Asiana Market - Excellent meats (especially ground beef and pork) at very low prices
H-Mart - Best selection of a broad variety of Korean foods at an excellent cost

I do NOT do the Mekong plaza supermarket as it is owned by the same people as AZ International Marketplace.

I don't do Lee Lee Market as they have a Tucson store and honestly, they are very average at best.

I will try out the 99 Ranch Market. However, I have had very mixed results between their two stores in Las Vegas.

And of course, stops at Winco and ALDI.

Old 05-30-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Right, but still it is surrounded by low density housing that is not exactly "Chinatown" in nature. They are definitely going to take market share from each other and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them turned into one of those trampoline places in 5 years.
The model of "Chinatown" neighborhoods has changed. Traditional Chinatowns in cities like New York and San Francisco persist largely as centers of tradition and tourism, but the larger immigrant communities are now found in outlying areas like the San Gabriel Valley near LA and Flushing in Queens, NY. Dobson Road has become a linear Asian business district much like the Buford Highway in Atlanta and Spring Mountain Road in Las Vegas. Of course, there can always be too much of a good thing, and maybe we will see a trampoline park or two, but if that happens, it won't necessarily be due to low density. Many of these newer suburban Asian business districts draw customers from a large radius. They may not live right along the corridor, but the business district gives them a concentrated place with multiple stores and restaurants nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area