U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 03:01 PM
 
3,448 posts, read 2,422,333 times
Reputation: 3676

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I saw a forecast for 98 here in Wyoming at 4368 ft., must be brutal in The Valley (of Eternal Hell).

Brutal? I was at the lake last weekend and wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now as my Suns are making things really interesting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Alabama
754 posts, read 1,459,603 times
Reputation: 727
Oh this is so sad. I moved away from Phoenix in September 2016. That summer was absolutely brutal. Almost broke the 118 degree historical record that August. All I had was a swamp cooler because I had moved to an older casita. It really didn't do the job.

I would still move back. LOVE Phoenix.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
23,741 posts, read 12,887,635 times
Reputation: 20076
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Oh this is so sad. I moved away from Phoenix in September 2016. That summer was absolutely brutal. Almost broke the 118 degree historical record that August. All I had was a swamp cooler because I had moved to an older casita. It really didn't do the job.

I would still move back. LOVE Phoenix.
I agree it's very sad and this is a place that you want to be sure and stay hydrated. I don't think a swamp cooler is enough here. How do you compare the humid heat in Bama to Phoenix heat?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Alabama
754 posts, read 1,459,603 times
Reputation: 727
I went back to CA to help my dad, and now I just moved to Bama last fall. Not looking forward to the summer. Right now it's pretty good, and everything is so pretty. Already had a major panic attack with the tornadoes. I survived it - barely! We're getting a couple window A/C (older house) and have plenty of fans. I'm not going to mention the BUGS. Think: from another planet.

Hey 98 in Phoenix is nuthin! Right?!

When I had the condo I kept it at 80. Lowering to 78 made the bill go up enough to settle for 80.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 03:58 PM
 
5,348 posts, read 3,315,702 times
Reputation: 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I went back to CA to help my dad, and now I just moved to Bama last fall. Not looking forward to the summer. Right now it's pretty good, and everything is so pretty. Already had a major panic attack with the tornadoes. I survived it - barely! We're getting a couple window A/C (older house) and have plenty of fans. I'm not going to mention the BUGS. Think: from another planet.

Hey 98 in Phoenix is nuthin! Right?!

When I had the condo I kept it at 80. Lowering to 78 made the bill go up enough to settle for 80.

Reminds me of what a Canadian said while living overseas and I complained about the cold on winter morning. (Maybe 30F degrees.)

"Cold? This is short sleeve weather" he said.

98 in Phx?

Hardly worth going for a swim.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Uptown Phoenix, AZ
5,229 posts, read 4,770,225 times
Reputation: 4824
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Reminds me of what a Canadian said while living overseas and I complained about the cold on winter morning. (Maybe 30F degrees.)

"Cold? This is short sleeve weather" he said.

98 in Phx?

Hardly worth going for a swim.

Back in February I went up to the top of Mount Lemmon and it was 23 that morning. It would've been fine if I had my ankles covered and some gloves. I dressed thinking it was going to be in the 40s and it was... that afternoon though.


That Canadian would turn around and complain once it's in the 80s or 90s lol. Those of us seasoned folks know that it gets much worse.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Chandler, AZ
3,485 posts, read 3,521,237 times
Reputation: 4927
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Must seem like a world away... for an ASU grad.
Meh...Wyoming doesn't exist
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Alabama
754 posts, read 1,459,603 times
Reputation: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Reminds me of what a Canadian said while living overseas and I complained about the cold on winter morning. (Maybe 30F degrees.)

"Cold? This is short sleeve weather" he said.

98 in Phx?

Hardly worth going for a swim.
No kidding. Sweater weather JK

My brother went to college in Illinois. He returned for Christmas the first year and was outside at night in a T-shirt. Our friends were complaining about the "cold" - this was Southern California in December. He was like What the hell? this T-Shirt weather! He'd already been acclimated.

Before I moved to AZ I had been living on a tree farm near Mt. Hood in Oregon. In AUGUST I was wearing corduroy pants, 2 pairs of socks and 2 layers of sweater. In August. Then I unloaded my truck in September in Scottsdale in 106 degree heat. It was heaven.

The native Oregonians (I am one but raised in L.A.) went berserk went the temp went higher than 75. Never heard such complaining over nothing! They love those gloomy days.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top