U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 01:49 PM

49 posts, read 21,708 times

Advertisements

$1100 for 2019 Chevy full size crew cab truck and 2001 Toyota avalon with two people here in bay area Ca with Geico. Depends too on zip code.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 02:03 PM

413 posts, read 268,168 times
I find rates in Arizona are not too bad, except for golf carts lol. I pay $200 every six months for my cart in my 55+ community just because it is licensed, etc. Seems crazy high to go play pickleball to me!! and that is liability only, they won't even insure my new cart for collision..... :-( (GEiCO)

Old 06-05-2021, 02:11 PM

2,606 posts, read 998,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasudesu View Post
$1100 for 2019 Chevy full size crew cab truck and 2001 Toyota avalon with two people here in bay area Ca with Geico. Depends too on zip code.
If I lived in the Bay Area, I’d honestly carry a $0 comp deductible. I can’t tell you how many claims I had from this area for auto theft/vandalism/break ins.

But with Arizona growing exponentially in population, it’s just a matter of time until the actuaries have no choice but to increase premiums in the state.

So that’s another thing to take into consideration. Just because insurance premiums are low today, doesn’t mean they will always stay that way.

Insurance companies will never lose in the end. If you disagree with me, just look at the Fortune 100 list and look at all the insurance companies on there. Bottom line: If claims increase, insurance companies will eventually (soon) recoup their losses and turn a profit again.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:26 PM

258 posts, read 129,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasudesu View Post
That's pretty low, especially with a new truck like that, and in the Bay Area. Is this for a year, or only 6 months? My daughter has Geico and I think they normally do 6 month policies? That's about half as much as I pay for a year for two less valuable cars in the Phoenix area, similar to what MN-Born-N-Raised, JaredC, and PhoenixSomeday are paying. We're the only ones that have stated their rates. So just spitballing your 2 cars for a year should be about 2x as much as you're paying. Just curious. Thanks.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 06-05-2021 at 03:05 PM..

Old 06-05-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4khansen View Post
I find rates in Arizona are not too bad, except for golf carts lol. I pay $200 every six months for my cart in my 55+ community just because it is licensed, etc. Seems crazy high to go play pickleball to me!! and that is liability only, they won't even insure my new cart for collision..... :-( (GEiCO)
I’ve seen claims on golf carts where people were seriously injured, roll overs, passengers thrown from carts, etc. Payouts nearing 100k.

I wouldn’t worry too much about property damage, it’s kind of difficult to do too much damage that way, but it’s the bodily injury to passengers that is much more common.

I’m assuming you have the standard 50K bodily injury? If you do, that is fine, but under no circumstances would I let anybody ride in your cart who is not a member of your immediate family.

Let’s face it, if you have a golf cart, you probably also have some assets to protect as well. The friendly guy or gal who you play pickle ball with could turn unfriendly if they fell out of your cart and had a serious back problem that required many, many trips to the doctor. Meanwhile, the medical billers at the doctors office aren’t stupid. They will ask how it happened, and then when it is found out they were a passenger in their neighbor’s golf cart, and perhaps the injured individual starts nearing their catastrophic cap for the year, then the questions change to, “Is your neighbor insured?”. Then before you know it, attorneys are in on the action too.

30 bucks a month is nothing compared to a 100k payout.

Sorry to suck the fun out of life, but I’ve just seen so many cases over the couple of years I worked in the industry. Enough to make me very, very cautious and wary of people.

Old 06-05-2021, 03:19 PM

822 posts, read 483,709 times
I was surprised when I moved from BHC to Rio Rico... my rates went down. I was ready to hear horror stories about car theft by the border....

Old 06-07-2021, 01:52 AM

15,444 posts, read 26,765,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeej View Post
For me, Auto Owners was great. You can only get their insurance through an agent, I used Strongtower out of Gilbert.

I have had GREAT claims experiences with Auto Owners. It is the first company that has actually paid me more than I expected on both of my claims.

Soon after we purchased our home, a plumbing fixture leaked causing substantial damage. We had NOT moved in at the time and worked with us over the next six months to make sure that the damage was completely repaired.

In September 2020, I hit a javelina. I expected that they would total my 2007 Toyota Corolla as honestly, I did not think that it was worth $3000. They paid the full $4200 less deductible plus provided me with a rental car. It is such a significant difference than I have experienced with the State Farms and the GEICOs who spend megabucks on the commercials and skimp on the claims service.

I would recommend Crest Insurance out of Tempe.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:59 AM

15,444 posts, read 26,765,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I was surprised when I moved from BHC to Rio Rico... my rates went down. I was ready to hear horror stories about car theft by the border....

It is highly dependent on zip codes. When I moved to Dearborn, MI and had to get quotes, I gave the agent my work zip code which was in the City of Detroit. The quote decreased by 60% when I provided the correct Zip code.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:34 PM

263 posts, read 246,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I have had GREAT claims experiences with Auto Owners. It is the first company that has actually paid me more than I expected on both of my claims.

Soon after we purchased our home, a plumbing fixture leaked causing substantial damage. We had NOT moved in at the time and worked with us over the next six months to make sure that the damage was completely repaired.

In September 2020, I hit a javelina. I expected that they would total my 2007 Toyota Corolla as honestly, I did not think that it was worth $3000. They paid the full $4200 less deductible plus provided me with a rental car. It is such a significant difference than I have experienced with the State Farms and the GEICOs who spend megabucks on the commercials and skimp on the claims service.

I don't see a Tempe location for Crest:

https://www.crestins.com/contact/

Old 06-07-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

I like to read about stories where people had a good claims experience, so thanks for that.

Many people seem to think that all insurance companies are the same, and a person should shop around for the lowest premiums possible. Unfortunately, this is the wrong way to think.

The old adage “you get what you paid for” comes to mind. A person can definitely find cheaper premiums, but God help you if you ever have to file a claim.

I’m not going to call out certain companies in this forum, but I used to cringe when I would get a claim where the other driver was a member of a few problematic insurance companies that I had previous experiences with. Some of these companies are all about denying coverage and saying no to everything. It’s all about money and not caring about your members in their time of need. In some claims, our company even treated the other driver better than their own company did.

Another thing I learned is that there are literally hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of insurance companies out there, most of which most of us have never heard of. So be careful when choosing who insures you, and even if it costs a few bucks more per month, definitely go with the higher rated company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area