U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:01 AM

18 posts, read 76,679 times

Advertisements

Given the housing condition, I know buyer don't have much choices in terms of location and price but in case if you still need to select the location within chandler which one you recommend to select if I have kids going to elementary and high school. My most preferred block is between Ocotillo Rd & Chandler Heights and Gilbert Rd & Lindsay. This block seems to have rate par with any chandler area but have many advantage.

1. Gilbert Rd seems to be new Center location of South Chandler.
2. Two great school - walking distance (ACP High School and Ryan Elementary).
3. Great park and house quality.
4. Close to Sprout, Fry's etc.

This seems to be great location. Only issue is availability of houses here....most of the houses are big and we need to go price war in this market.

Let me know any other location that you feel is better than this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:09 AM

3,487 posts, read 3,528,437 times
Yeah there is nothing available in that block. You could look at Ocotillo in that price range...Or Carino Estates. Or bump over to Finesterra

There are some new builds going in on Ocotillo east of Arizona Ave.

Old Today, 01:00 PM

4,169 posts, read 8,037,553 times
First of all you don't need to be in that square mile or the one directly to the West of that to attend that school. It is open enrollment. Having said that I know a guy that just bought a $1M house in that area (West of Gilbert Rd though) out of the Hamilton boundary to have his kid attend ACP and play sports.

There's been 20 sales in the square mile you're talking about in the past 90 days with a median of $680k and there's 2 under contract, no actives. Just outside of that boundary to the East is a new construction community called Canopy which might be your best bet.

Old Today, 07:11 PM

6 posts, read 3,207 times
I was actually in this situation nearly a year ago. I ended up signing a contract with Taylor Morrison for a home in Chandler in their Bellaza subdivision for 700k. Now fast forward to March when it was time to deliver, I re-sold the home without doing any landscaping, no washer/dryer, no window treatments for 815k and ended up buying in Scottsdale instead. It is a great area, no doubt. Great schools and convenience. But, in my opinion it is starting to turn too dense and busy with cookie-cutter homes and track-builder construction. Also, judging from your name you are of South Asian descent. Chandler and Gilbert seem to be very popular with South Asians, I am a first generation South-Asian myself. I grew up in the midwest, and personally did not like the almost ghettoizing of Chandler/Gilbert that I saw so I decided to get out and go to Scottsdale. Again, it is a great area but the inventory is limited. I closed on my house on Monday and got a signed offer on Thursday 115k above my purchase price. It's crazy out there, but I wish you luck.

Old Today, 09:36 PM

Thanks. I have kids going to school, my elder one goes to ACP so my situation is to stick with Chandler and I love chandler. Yes it is crazy and I wanted to check how other feel about this block as I am waiting for house to come up and will bid my best to get it.

Old Today, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
First of all you don't need to be in that square mile or the one directly to the West of that to attend that school. It is open enrollment. Having said that I know a guy that just bought a $1M house in that area (West of Gilbert Rd though) out of the Hamilton boundary to have his kid attend ACP and play sports.

There's been 20 sales in the square mile you're talking about in the past 90 days with a median of $680k and there's 2 under contract, no actives. Just outside of that boundary to the East is a new construction community called Canopy which might be your best bet.
ACP Erie will have boundary and will only allow limited open enrollment as they need to also accomodate ACP Oakland. Anyways for me my daughter is already in ACP, point is if I have to buy then what will be my preferred location. I know it is difficult to get home in this block. I lost one chance few month ago and now regret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area