Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 07:51 PM

445 posts, read 399,672 times

Advertisements

Thank you to everyone for all the great advice and tips. Life is a journey. Be strong. We can do this! One day at a time!

Old 06-23-2021, 08:03 PM

445 posts, read 399,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
Thank you. When you hit the apply button on the website, it's $1,380 for a 12 month lease. They are so clever, but it is in my price range. Thank you. I look forward to checking that out. Hopefully it will be available. I wonder if it will jump to $1,500 tomorrow?

So I just got off the phone with the front office of another complex. Here is a breakdown if you're curious:

This is mind you for a 1 bedroom/1 bath.

$1,410 Rent
$ 33 Tax
$ 15 Liability Fee
$ 35 Pet fee
$ 35 Water, sewer and trash
$ 100 Electric (rough average)

You are looking at $1,628 a month. That doesn't include internet, phone, food or miscellaneous. It's pretty high. Don't you think?

On top of that, you are looking at these costs as well:

$200 Admin Fee (nonrefundable)
$141 Prorated days if you wanted to move in 3 days early
$ 50 Application Fee
$200 Deposit (Could be up to $400)
$150 Pet Fee
$100 Pet Deposit

So you will need to come up with $1,528 on move-in day plus another $841 for fees, etc. for a grand total of $2,369. Yikes!

And you wonder why so many Americans live in tents and RVs?

As for roommates, many don't want them when they get older. The owner ends up behaving like a tyrant. Not all but most. It's their way or the highway and I get it. They like to dictate and tell you how to live and how you should do things and what your problem is. Like seriously? Have you looked in the mirror? If it's too hot or too cold, too bad. If they have sketchy strangers come in the middle of the night, too bad. If they have dishes sitting for weeks in the sink with flies buzzing around, too bad. You are the guest and you can't tell the owner squat. Either take it or leave it. Not a lot of options when you live under someone else's rules so that is why living on your own is so desirable for so many people and they will pay a good penny for it. Nobody rules over you and for some that's a piece of heaven.
I forgot to add the pet fees!

Old 06-23-2021, 09:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
218 square feet? The place is the size of an averagish bedroom. Mind you it's better than nothing and a great find as far as affordability goes, I'm not one to be a snob . Would be cheap to cool too. Just, I thought my 500 sf apartment was kind of cramped, lol. Certainly beats camping.
Crazy, right?! More spacious than a tent though! Great location, could easily bike to Roosevelt.

Even the two bedroom may be in the OP’s range.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:44 PM

13,883 posts, read 8,079,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
This place has studios for $825. Why would you choose camping over this?

https://www.thewexlerapartments.com/application/

Great find!

How about:
https://www.apartments.com/phoenix-az/studios/?so=2

Old 06-23-2021, 10:16 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,439,239 times
What's up at Royal Palm Village? Formerly, The Links Apartments.... Bought for 22k, 702 sf loft style with no one above or below.. In 2009.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,306,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMouse111 View Post
So the person in the projects making terrible life choices with six baby daddies and drug addicts smoking dope all day get to live in luxury rentals with no qualms from you? Correct me if I'm wrong, but attacking the middle class doesn't do anybody any good.

There is no shame in holding a middle of the road basic job with dignity and self respect. You make it sound like people who make "average" salaries don't deserve the finer things in life. Only the elite. So be it.

It's not "complaining" when millions of average Americans are facing the same situation. It's a crisis.

I look forward to seeing how you will survive when and if the government owns everything and you will own nothing and be happy about it.

I can just imagine all your energy spent on attacking averaage Americans while Big Brother is standing behind you with a grin on his face?

Best wishes to you. I hope you survive the reset better than the rest of us.
I'd respond to your post, but it doesn't even make sense. You posted a ton of them awhile back along the same line and they didn't make sense either. Seems like you are both wanting the government to help you and yet you criticize it and talk about average Americans, whatever "average" is. Seems like also you came from a family who put a silver spoon in your mouth as I recall. Maybe that's the problem. High expectations that weren't realized? Hey, everything is relative. Do what you can do to improve your situation and be satisfied you are doing all you can do.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringler24 View Post
It's pointless because you just recreate the same post over and over again. I live near Vaseo and know people that live there. None of them are poor because Vaseo isn't that affordable. The majority of poor people don't live in Deer Valley, Chandler, and Moon Valley. They live in Alhambra and Maryvale. So I'm really not sure who these super poor folks are that are living in unsubsidized luxury apartments. Perhaps they aren't poor after all. They are just people you have determined based off appearance to be poor.
She posts the same thing hundreds of times. It's just been a year or so since she's posted them and now she's started up again. Complain, complain, complain. Obviously it's just a supply and demand thing. If nobody pays the rent asked, the rent will go down. If there is demand, then there will be an equilibrium. I guess she just feels entitled like a lot of people do and wants a handout.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Packing up and moving to another part of the country is scary. It would mean leaving one's comfort zone and trying something different.

Much simpler to complain about how unfair life is and play the victim.
She's got tons of posts from a year or two ago...probably a hundred of more that all say the same thing. Now there is huge unemployment...you can train online for tech type jobs that pay at least 50k and spend about 50-100 hours doing it, but she'd rather complain. She is what is wrong with this country. Well, one of the things. LOL.

Old 06-23-2021, 11:34 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,837,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
She posts the same thing hundreds of times. It's just been a year or so since she's posted them and now she's started up again. Complain, complain, complain. Obviously it's just a supply and demand thing. If nobody pays the rent asked, the rent will go down. If there is demand, then there will be an equilibrium. I guess she just feels entitled like a lot of people do and wants a handout.

You do know being homeless is illegal right? People have to pay, they don't have a choice, otherwise they are breaking the law.

Old 06-24-2021, 03:31 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,649,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
You do know being homeless is illegal right? People have to pay, they don't have a choice, otherwise they are breaking the law.
Yep, it's a inelastic captive marketplace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area