Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 09:38 PM

14,028 posts, read 8,184,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Other than the moderator, I don’t remember anyone saying they love hot AZ summers. Rather, they learn to deal with it. In conclusion, they still enjoy life because they dodge the intense heat.

As far as people coming here for better weather. Simply count the ideal days. For me, ideal days range from 60 to 105 degrees (and sunny). When you compare the total ideal days versus most other states, you will understand the PHX weather sounds appealing to many. Personally, my new routine is in MN from mid May to mid Sept. So 8 months total in AZ.
That's the life!

But I can manage the AZ summers. I slap on the sunscreen and out the door I go...

Been doing a lot of landscaping recently too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 10:13 PM

411 posts, read 406,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
That's the life!

But I can manage the AZ summers. I slap on the sunscreen and out the door I go...

I often feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t mind summers here. I mean it’s hot and I don’t go hike midday but other than that I still do most things I’d normally do. It’s hot and outside of the short stretches of humidity we get it’s not too bad.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:02 AM

717 posts, read 1,063,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Other than the moderator, I don’t remember anyone saying they love hot AZ summers. Rather, they learn to deal with it. In conclusion, they still enjoy life because they dodge the intense heat.

As far as people coming here for better weather. Simply count the ideal days. For me, ideal days range from 60 to 105 degrees (and sunny). When you compare the total ideal days versus most other states, you will understand the PHX weather sounds appealing to many. Personally, my new routine is in MN from mid May to mid Sept. So 8 months total in AZ.
You’re really going to try to argue that 105 is an “ideal” temperature? Classic.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:57 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,763,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
That's the life!

I was outside pretty much nonstop for the 3-day weekend, it was hot sure but nothing unbearable. Enjoyed some time grilling, went to our friends pool and also did a lot of landscape work myself on Saturday morning. It was more humid than I like this weekend but the rain Saturday night was nice.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:04 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,696,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinezac View Post
I often feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t mind summers here. I mean it’s hot and I don’t go hike midday but other than that I still do most things I’d normally do. It’s hot and outside of the short stretches of humidity we get it’s not too bad.
I don't mind the summer here either, and have even had to work outdoors in it. I'm still here

Old 07-06-2021, 09:05 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,696,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
You’re really going to try to argue that 105 is an “ideal” temperature? Classic.
When the dewpoints are in the 30s or less, it's not that bad at 105°F

Old 07-06-2021, 09:26 AM

9,864 posts, read 11,260,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
I am not arguing. I am posting what my body considers within spec. One disclaimer: 105 is 10x better in the shade. And preferably, with an ice cold beer in hand. 105 in the shade and dry heat feels like 90 degrees with some humidity in Northern MN. 105 in the sun is also fine by the pool, In fact, I am checking on the house today and I am looking forward to drinks around the beautiful pool! Speaking of drinks, my glass is half full.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:27 AM

9,864 posts, read 11,260,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
When the dewpoints are in the 30s or less, it's not that bad at 105°F
Correct. Unless your (beer) glass is nearly empty. Pun intended. Lol

105 while in the sun and wearing dark clothes is miserable. “105” takes on all kinds of meanings. A temp by itself doesn’t tell the whole story. But 115 is another story all together. Just as 88 degrees and high HUMIDITY is miserable: even worse in the sun. We get that. Some people don’t. The people who say “110 is a 110” crowd comes to mind…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area