Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 05:08 PM

6 posts, read 7,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
The problem with “downtown” Phoenix is that it is a huge geographical area without the density/concentration of things you find in other urban cities. Everything is really spread out, and there are some pretty rough edges still. It’s getting better, but tempe is the most traditionally urban/walkable part of the valley. Phoenix has nothing to compete with the vibe in Tempe with mill Ave, the lake, the parks, and the mountain all right there.

If you don’t care about walkability phx definitely has a slightly more mature vibe, but ASU still has a huge presence there because of the dt campus.
I'm actually still leaning toward Tempe. It looks like DT Phoenix is easily accessible via the rail (or car). I currently live in a city now, but in a walkable residential neighborhood. I prefer the scenery for every day, but like that the option is there to easily access cool bars & restaurants on weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 05:46 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby-june View Post
I'm actually still leaning toward Tempe. It looks like DT Phoenix is easily accessible via the rail (or car). I currently live in a city now, but in a walkable residential neighborhood. I prefer the scenery for every day, but like that the option is there to easily access cool bars & restaurants on weekends.
Just a heads up that public transit here pretty much sucks. The light rail is very slow and stops frequently. I don’t think you’ll use it as much as you would in a city like Chicago. Perhaps check out 85006 and 85014. That will give you more residential neighborhood vibes within biking distance or a short Lyft to Roosevelt Row and downtown. 85018 (Arcadia) and 85016 (Biltmore) are other good options. Affluent, pretty, good restaurants, not too urban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area