Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 11:22 AM

13,985 posts, read 8,152,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I already earn a good living, but that's not the point

The point (which you also missed), was that MN's kids wouldn't be earning AS MUCH money as they are if they had more competition. It's the same way unions work. They're able to keep wages high by limiting new members
But such competition isn't there and never will be. Not everyone has the aptitude to become a doctor or a hairdresser regardless of effort. However, this doesn't mean you can't jump up a few notches (financially speaking) with extra effort. But you'll need to find your niche.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:24 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Becoming one of my favorite CD threads in some time.
Informative and comical.
Burning. Inquiring minds want to know…. Am I am on the informative side of the discussion or the comical side? Lol

Old 09-01-2021, 11:27 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,680,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Burning. Inquiring minds want to know…. Am I am on the informative side of the discussion or the comical side? Lol
Since BM is a right winger, I'm sure he's laughing at me....

Old 09-01-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
But such competition isn't there and never will be. Not everyone has the aptitude to become a doctor or a hairdresser regardless of effort. However, this doesn't mean you can't jump up a few notches (financially speaking) with extra effort. But you'll need to find your niche.
You contradict yourself within the same post. You say the competition will never be there, but people can improve themselves, which creates more competition. Circular argument

Old 09-01-2021, 11:29 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,742,910 times
Quote:
Since BM is a right winger, I'm sure he's laughing at me....
Right winger??????
You do provide the humor and AWFUL economic takes.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:32 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,742,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
You cover both. But your patience goes above and beyond.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:36 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,237,795 times
Quote:
What some people don’t get is there are x spots to fill. If doctors or dentists get smarter, faster, more efficient etc, that means we all benefit. AND, we can export our expertise. You know, why do people fly to the Cleveland Clinic, the Mayo or Harvard hospitals? Or why do people buy German cars?

“They say” 60 percent of the formula is environmental and 40 percent is the gene pool. While I grew up with free lunches, an alcoholic dad, housing assistance, my dad spoke multiple languages. He was self taught in Russian, picked up Finnish growing up, spoke fluent German from being in the Army. He played professional French horn at the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra (now called Minnesota Symphony Orchestra). But he LOVED beer to much and he coasted. Including parenting. He ended up working for worthless wages. His brother graduated from Harvard (only college grad out of 9 siblings). So I might had gotten at least a few decent genes. Lol

Anyways… Nuff on that. I have perfected coasting myself as I am enjoying lunch in sunny Grand Rapids, MN running my errands. Slow down people so we can all earn more money.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:37 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,069,946 times
Quote:

After the monsoon weeds were growing in front of another off my rentals. I went over and began to remove them. The tenant ran out and started to apologize. He was very sorry and would be more careful in the future. What he's really sorry about is his lease agreement expires in three months and the market rate for this home has jumped 300 within the last year.

However, this renter is smart. He never calls me about any nickel and dine bull****. So... I'm not raising his rent.

I've got a woman renter who yes sir's me so much I sometimes think that's my name. She's been with me for almost 5 years and has a fantastic deal. Again smart renter. Does what I ask and never complains. However, at some point in 2022 I'll give her 90 days to vacate, clean up the place and re-rent it for at least $700-$800 more.

Ahh... so nice to be in charge again. It was like this in 1998 when I bought the SF property.

Your infatuation with the "power" you hold is something else.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Right winger??????
You do provide the humor and AWFUL economic takes.
I'm familiar with your posting history, if you aren't right wing, then I'm Bill Gates (hint: I'm not Bill Gates)

Old 09-01-2021, 12:19 PM

13,985 posts, read 8,152,357 times
Quote:
You contradict yourself within the same post. You say the competition will never be there, but people can improve themselves, which creates more competition. Circular argument

Not everyone (regardless of hard work) can make it as a doctor, lawyer or successful hairdresser without certain aptitudes. I don't see wages dropping for doctors/lawyers anymore than I see the woman who does my wife's hair slash her prices.

Nonetheless, a person certainly can jump up a few financial rungs in this country. They can if they are willing to put in the extra effort. Willing to take risks and find their own niche. Immigrants do it all the time.

This "poor me" routine (not saying this is you.) has gotten old. Nobody forced anyone to take out thousand of dollars in student loans, buy a 30k car or whatever. And anyone waiting for the government to save them... well good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area