Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 04:53 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,720,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stub303 View Post
Got it. So not only was it a stupid financial decision, but an emotional one at that. Sorry dude. Can't really feel sorry that you spent your money on a depreciating asset of a toy vs investing it wisely. Enjoy that car and those gas prices!
I have a high payment because I did a shorter loan term, plus got a really low interest rate (which isn't easy on a used car)

Old 09-01-2021, 04:54 PM

9,887 posts, read 11,292,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I don't personally know one person who isn't older than me who has bought a home. One of my fiancee's friends was considering buying, even had a good down-payment saved, but the Las Vegas housing market also shot off like crazy, so she decided like me to wait it out
Well, someone is buying them up. I can rattle off several people I know. Tons of neighbors in my old Surprise hood. Plus all of my kid's friends too. So now you have the task of figuring out why you don't know many people and I do.

As a side note, I made $10/hr. My wife quit her union job ($9+ an hour) and went to work at Dayton's payroll for $6.50(ish). So $16/hr combined and our house payment was about $700ish. Obviously, the cheaper the money, the more expensive the home. That's the math because people buy payments. So $32K before OT and I paid out $700/mo. Now, that exact home is worth $300K. $300K at 3% is $1265 P&I. Add another $200 a month for TI (taxes and insurance).

So if you can follow, with the COLA, it is cheaper to buy now than before. Sorry, you are wrong. Free advice: Own your decisions and stop blaming others.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:56 PM

34 posts, read 29,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Free advice: Own your decisions and stop blaming others.
But he got a really good rate on a crippling car payment!

Old 09-01-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Well, someone is buying them up. I can rattle off several people I know. Tons of neighbors in my old Surprise hood. Plus all of my kid's friends too. So now you have the task of figuring out why you don't know many people and I do.

As a side note, I made $10/hr. My wife quit her union job ($9+ an hour) and went to work at Dayton's payroll for $6.50(ish). So $16/hr combined and our house payment was about $700ish. Obviously, the cheaper the money, the more expensive the home. That's the math because people buy payments. So $32K before OT and I paid out $700/mo. Now, that exact home is worth $300K. $300K at 3% is $1265 P&I. Add another $200 a month for TI (taxes and insurance).

So if you can follow, with the COLA, it is cheaper to buy now than before. Sorry, you are wrong. Free advice: Own your decisions and stop blaming others.
Yeah, property management companies, people who already owned homes (therefore had equity), and people with "gifts" from mom&dad. I don't personally know anyone who fits one of those 3 categories.

And sorry I'm not wealthy like you are. Plus you're like 20 years+ older than I am, again, you've been working longer, of course you're going to be wealthier than I am

Old 09-01-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Aside from that, what is it about becoming a property owner that makes people so cruel, callous, and cocky? If buying a home will turn me into the same type of person you guys are, maybe I shouldn't buy
People are not cruel, callous, and cocky. Rather, people are getting frustrated that you are in denial and you make all kinds of excuses. Like buying overpriced cars, weddings, not willing to sacrifice, etc. Don't shoot the messenger.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stub303 View Post
But he got a really good rate on a crippling car payment!
$500/month isn't a crippling car payment when you're netting over $5k per month. I earn my car payment in less than 2 days

Old 09-01-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
People are not cruel, callous, and cocky. Rather, people are getting frustrated that you are in denial and you make all kinds of excuses. Like buying overpriced cars, weddings, not willing to sacrifice, etc. Don't shoot the messenger.
No, you guys are cruel. You act like your @#$% don't stink because you got yours, and you cheer on ever higher prices, even though it screws everyone who doesn't already own. Plus you personally told me I chose the wrong career a few months ago, even though I'm making more money per year than I ever thought I would. So sorry I'm not a doctor or a dentist like your kids.....

Old 09-01-2021, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, property management companies, people who already owned homes (therefore had equity), and people with "gifts" from mom&dad. I don't personally know anyone who fits one of those 3 categories.

And sorry I'm not wealthy like you are. Plus you're like 20 years+ older than I am, again, you've been working longer, of course you're going to be wealthier than I am
your theme: excuses, excuses, excuses. The real reason is that you are not good with money. Most people aren't. That's the brutal truth. Solution: fix your situation and correct your money management. Or rent.

Old 09-01-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
your theme: excuses, excuses, excuses. The real reason is that you are not good with money. Most people aren't. That's the brutal truth. Solution: fix your situation and correct your money management. Or rent.
I'm saving more than I spend. That's better than most Americans. The average American has no savings

Old 09-01-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
No, you guys are cruel. You act like your @#$% don't stink because you got yours, and you cheer on ever higher prices, even though it screws everyone who doesn't already own. Plus you personally told me I chose the wrong career a few months ago, even though I'm making more money per year than I ever thought I would. So sorry I'm not a doctor or a dentist like your kids.....
If I sat you down and showed you how to change, you would tell me **** that! Now I'm cruel. Got it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area