Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 10:28 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
If toothbrushes truly worked as well as claimed, we wouldn't have any cavities, gum disease, etc. Yet here we are. See how ridiculous that is when applied to something that isn't politicized?

ridiculous analogy; no one ever claimed that tooth brushing would save millions from dying world wide, yet, that narrative, along with many others that have been thrown around the last 12 months, have claimed to be what will save us from this apocalypse..

sure, brushing your teeth helps reduce tooth decay, and vaxxing and masks help reduce your chances of dying from covy, but neither remediation will stop EITHER thing from causing some folks harm, whether they observe them or not.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:29 AM

6,765 posts, read 5,069,067 times
Expecting 100% effectiveness with most things having to do with the human body is not realistic. I would hope this is obvious to anyone over the age of 10 or 12. People who suggest that anything short of 100% is a failure are being intentionally obtuse.

Arizona has been fairly permissive with respect to restrictions. As such, it's not surprising that we are in the top 5 states for covid deaths per capita. It is what it is. Today there are some employers (thinking restaurants and retail here) who require masks for staff, and some that do not. Take your pick with the businesses you wish to patronize.

Last edited by hikernut; 12-01-2021 at 10:40 AM..

Old 12-01-2021, 10:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,654,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
ridiculous analogy; no one ever claimed that tooth brushing would save millions from dying world wide, yet, that narrative, along with many others that have been thrown around the last 12 months, have claimed to be what will save us from this apocalypse..

sure, brushing your teeth helps reduce tooth decay, and vaxxing and masks help reduce your chances of dying from covy, but neither remediation will stop EITHER thing from causing some folks harm, whether they observe them or not.
It's a spot on analogy. It shows the absolute absurdity of discounting something because it's not infallible. Masking and vaccines have saved lives just as tooth brushing has saved cavities. Neither are perfect, yet both should be utilized. There are tons of examples of that.

For some reason, only these politicized things are held to the standard of not being infallible so therefore they must be useless. It shows an insane level of bias and a complete lack of any level of nuanced thought.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Expecting 100% effectiveness with most things having to do with the human body is not realistic. I would hope this is obvious to anyone over the age of 10 or 12. People who suggest that anything short of 100% is a failure are being intentionally obtuse..
Precisely.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:03 AM

4,175 posts, read 2,576,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMountains93 View Post
It’s not a scam, it’s a plot for control
In this case it's the same thing. It's the "Control ya virus". Covid has been weaponized. "Never let a good crisis go to waste." But people are sloowly catching on, finally. Just follow the money.

Check out the new book by Robert F. Kennedy Jr called "The Real Anthony Fauci" to read about the person responsible for this mess.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:10 AM

4,072 posts, read 5,154,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Yup sure do. Because all you do is close you eyes, say 'blah, blah, blah' and shriek 'conspiracy theory' at anything that doesn't fit your narrative.

If they truly worked as well as you claim, then we wouldn't have any break outs, rises and falls, etc.

Yet here we are.
C'mon now...we aren't supposed to compare 2020 numbers to 2021 numbers...even though in 2021 we have a vaccine...but more people are dying according to the false way that CDC reports a death as a "COVID related death".

We aren't supposed to look at all the empirical data out there and draw your own conclusion...just listen to the MSM that big Pharm has bought and paid for, the Govt Officials that Big Pharm have bought and paid for and 99% of people glossing over the fact that this is never going away.

We aren't supposed to relate the number of available beds in a hospital to the number of available staff, just freak out that there aren't enough ICU beds.

Don't pay attention to the fact that Government said they weren't going to mandate vaccines...only to mandate vaccines 3 months later. Big Pharm meanwhile makes BILLIONS of taxpayer money to roll out "free" vaccines. That initial roll out has dried up so now they want you to take "free" boosters (more money in their pocket). They aren't "free" folks.

We aren't supposed to ask what the uptick in heart attacks and blood clots are right now. My friend is a firefighter and has been taking notes on all the calls they have had over the past 6 months. Every time there is a cardiac event, he stopped asking IF they were vaccinated, he asks when their last shot was. (none of them have been unvaccinated up to this point btw) but the CDC isn't releasing any of that information. We have had 3 close friends/family drop dead within 2 weeks of their 2nd shot in the past couple of months. Cardio arrhythmias paired with blood clots with no prior condition. Coincidence?

Stop using your brain...you are supposed to be saying "Baaaaa".

Old 12-01-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Same thing. It's the "Control ya virus". Covid has been weaponized. "Never let a good crisis go to waste." But people are sloowly catching on, finally. Just follow the money.

Check out the new book by Robert F. Kennedy Jr called "The Real Anthony Fauci" to read about the person responsible for this mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
C'mon now...we aren't supposed to compare 2020 numbers to 2021 numbers...even though in 2021 we have a vaccine...but more people are dying according to the false way that CDC reports a death as a "COVID related death".

We aren't supposed to look at all the empirical data out there and draw your own conclusion...just listen to the MSM that big Pharm has bought and paid for, the Govt Officials that Big Pharm have bought and paid for and 99% of people glossing over the fact that this is never going away.

We aren't supposed to relate the number of available beds in a hospital to the number of available staff, just freak out that there aren't enough ICU beds.

Don't pay attention to the fact that Government said they weren't going to mandate vaccines...only to mandate vaccines 3 months later. Big Pharm meanwhile makes BILLIONS of taxpayer money to roll out "free" vaccines. That initial roll out has dried up so now they want you to take "free" boosters (more money in their pocket). They aren't "free" folks.

We aren't supposed to ask what the uptick in heart attacks and blood clots are right now. My friend is a firefighter and has been taking notes on all the calls they have had over the past 6 months. Every time there is a cardiac event, he stopped asking IF they were vaccinated, he asks when their last shot was. (none of them have been unvaccinated up to this point btw) but the CDC isn't releasing any of that information. We have had 3 close friends/family drop dead within 2 weeks of their 2nd shot in the past couple of months. Cardio arrhythmias paired with blood clots with no prior condition. Coincidence?

Stop using your brain...you are supposed to be saying "Baaaaa".
People hate being labeled as conspiracy theorists, but come on now! It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Q has entered the chat.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:14 AM

224 posts, read 164,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Same thing. It's the "Control ya virus". But people are sloowly catching on, finally. Just follow the money.

I also didn’t know about Aids(I’m young) how much of that was nonsense/people being killed by “medicine” and geez what do ya know Fauci was in on that to…. I think it goes past making money I really believe these people are “psychos” just not regular people like we are around, demented souls or something idk but I doubt any high end politician ceo big wigs head of billion dollar medical agencies etc etc care about your health and well-being. They just want power and maybe money to some extent.

A vaccine so effective you have to keep taking it and worry about side effects…. This is nothing like a flu vaccine people really need to stop with that these “vaccines” that don’t stop transmission btw, are completely experimental and with no ability to sue anybody if you get messed up from it, how nice, please force them on me I wanna be a Guinea pig….

Old 12-01-2021, 11:21 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,982,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
No they weren't. Inoculation requirements for schooling, employment, and travel are nothing new. Try again.
Uh these mass mandates are certainly new or else there wouldn't be this much of an uproar about them. Plus getting exceptions was much easier. I have never been required to get a flu shot or any other vaccine at any white collar job I've held until this year when my employer tried doing it via a memo. That of course has now fallen flat thanks to the rulings against OSHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Expecting 100% effectiveness with most things having to do with the human body is not realistic. I would hope this is obvious to anyone over the age of 10 or 12. People who suggest that anything short of 100% is a failure are being intentionally obtuse.

Arizona has been fairly permissive with respect to restrictions. As such, it's not surprising that we are in the top 5 states for covid deaths per capita. It is what it is. Today there are some employers (thinking restaurants and retail here) who require masks for staff, and some that do not. Take your pick with the businesses you wish to patronize.
The problem is this is what was conveyed to people when the vaccines starting rolling out. It's why many were shocked when breakthrough cases started happening, and even more shocked when boosters were announced. You have a few people like yourself and this DetroitN8V poster who seem to live in revisionist history. Back then though all we heard was "95% efficacy!!" and "we can get back to normal!", yet here we are...

Old 12-01-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Uh these mass mandates are certainly new or else there wouldn't be this much of an uproar about them. Plus getting exceptions was much easier. I have never been required to get a flu shot or any other vaccine at any white collar job I've held until this year when my employer tried doing it via a memo. That of course has now fallen flat thanks to the rulings against OSHA.

The problem is this is what was conveyed to people when the vaccines starting rolling out. It's why many were shocked when breakthrough cases started happening, and even more shocked when boosters were announced. You have a few people like yourself and this DetroitN8V poster who seem to live in revisionist history. Back then though all we heard was "95% efficacy!!" and "we can get back to normal!", yet here we are...
Just because YOU hadn't been required to be vaccinated in the past doesn't mean that vaccine requirements are new. Let's try to think beyond our own noses here.

95% efficacy is not 100% efficacy. You said so yourself. Where's the confusion? Infallibility was never conveyed to anyone. Effectiveness has waned slightly as variants presented that would have been slowed down if vaccines were adopted with more urgency and ubiquity. The vaccines still remain a powerful weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area