Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 02:04 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,144,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
We'll, AZ is a purple state trending blue, so keep looking.

The comparisons to the flu are nonsense. My dad was healthy, had the flu before and never had an issue. Got COVID right before the vaccines and now he's ashes in a box. Stop the misinformation.
I could say the same. My family friend was healthy, no outstanding issues or pre-existing conditions. Got his second Pfizer shot, got a heart arrhythmia within a week and died of a blood clot 2 days after being discharged from the hospital.

Last edited by KurtAZ; 12-01-2021 at 02:49 PM..

Old 12-01-2021, 02:04 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
No. Because moderators will likely delete most of this thread, as being way off topic from the original question.
I'm usually one for shutting way off topic threads down but I hope this stays open. Seems like a release valve thread. Also, whenever it heats up, it's a good idea to get up and take a walk (BEAUTIFUL day out today!) so maybe a net positive for general health.

Last edited by Burning Madolf; 12-01-2021 at 02:19 PM..

Old 12-01-2021, 02:11 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I'm usually one for shutting way off topic threads down but I hope this stays open. Seems like a release valve thread. Also, whenever it heats up, it's a good idea to get up and take a walk (BEAUTIFUL day out today!) so maybe be net positive for general health.

This, plus its nice to actually live in a state where there are vast differences of opinions, and, generally they can be discussed in a sort of non hostile way..

just because I dont agree with your opinions, doesnt mean I wont fight for your right to express them..

Old 12-01-2021, 02:12 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,276,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I could say the same. My family friend was healthy, no outstanding issues or re-existing conditions. Got his second Pfizer shot, got a heart arrhythmia within a week and died of a blood clot 2 days after being discharged from the hospital.
People die all the time from various things. Of course some people have died shortly after getting the vaccine. That doesn't mean the vaccine caused it unless a medical professional makes that determination.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:34 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,052,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I'm usually one for shutting way off topic threads down but I hope this stays open. Seems like a release valve thread. Also, whenever it heats up, it's a good idea to get up and take a walk (BEAUTIFUL day out today!) so maybe a net positive for general health.
Yes, I did my regular lunchtime walk with the dogs. Nice day today.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:58 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,144,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
People die all the time from various things. Of course some people have died shortly after getting the vaccine. That doesn't mean the vaccine caused it unless a medical professional makes that determination.
Okay...but when you have said family friend, an uncle in law and a friend's Father all die within a month of getting their second shot of similar symptoms...compounded by a Firefighter friend that is documenting all the health calls they are on in the past 6 months...I would say that establishes a pattern. One that the CDC and apparently you are dismissing as coincidence. "They" will not look into it...or the kids fainting on football fields, dance recitals...compounded by CDC ignoring the incidents being reported across the country...I guess if no one correlates the information than it doesn't exist, right?

Then you have my uncle that was in hospice for stage 4 lung cancer, passed away but tested positive for COVID being called a COVID death...yeah the numbers and outcomes are all TOTALLY above board.

And I never said I was anti-vax. I am definitely anti-mandate and against the government telling people they will comply or they will not work. There just seems to be some folks that this vaccine kills or maims and, again, NO ONE is looking into why.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:23 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,276,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Okay...but when you have said family friend, an uncle in law and a friend's Father all die within a month of getting their second shot of similar symptoms...compounded by a Firefighter friend that is documenting all the health calls they are on in the past 6 months...I would say that establishes a pattern. One that the CDC and apparently you are dismissing as coincidence. "They" will not look into it...or the kids fainting on football fields, dance recitals...compounded by CDC ignoring the incidents being reported across the country...I guess if no one correlates the information than it doesn't exist, right?

Then you have my uncle that was in hospice for stage 4 lung cancer, passed away but tested positive for COVID being called a COVID death...yeah the numbers and outcomes are all TOTALLY above board.

And I never said I was anti-vax. I am definitely anti-mandate and against the government telling people they will comply or they will not work. There just seems to be some folks that this vaccine kills or maims and, again, NO ONE is looking into why.
I'm sorry you lost so many people. Statistically, if this was really an issue, you would see hospitals overcrowded with recently vaccinated people with blood clots rather than unvaccinated COVID patients taking over all of the resources. There would be statistically a substantial uptick in deaths from blood clots worldwide and it would be easily measurable. We've heard some blood clot issues from the J&J but in such amounts that can be deemed negligible.

My kids both play sports. My older boy alone plays travel ball baseball, tackle football, 7 and 5-man travel flag football and is about to get ready for High School baseball and football. We're outside with teams 5-6 days a week with a lot of different kids and I have yet to see any kids passing out. My 9 and 13 year olds are vaccinated and many (not all) of their friends and teammates are vaccinated. I have never seen anything like what you describe which leads me to believe it's also rare.

Old 12-01-2021, 09:17 PM

33 posts, read 31,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
From my experience, there's a big urban-suburban/rural divide in terms of indoor masking. Whenever I've been in the suburbs like Mesa or northern Glendale lately, I'd estimate less than 25% of people have been wearing masks. Within the core of Phoenix, I'm still seeing over half of customers with masks at grocery stores, etc. However that number has been dropping lately...was still about 2-1 favoring mask wearers as recently as a couple months ago.

Very interesting. I've been considering relocating to Mesa, I think it would be a good fit for me. I've wondered how the mask thing is going in AZ, and I read the gov's recent statement on the issue, but reading these recent comments is much more valuable. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2021, 10:47 PM

13,716 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yenrug View Post
Very interesting. I've been considering relocating to Mesa, I think it would be a good fit for me. I've wondered how the mask thing is going in AZ, and I read the gov's recent statement on the issue, but reading these recent comments is much more valuable. Thanks.
I live in Mesa and wearing a mask seems optional. A few weeks back I went for an eye exam in a store located inside of a Walmart. Here I was asked to put on a mask but that's about it.

I see employees in many stores wearing a mask but customers usually aren't required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area