Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 05:38 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,275,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Don’t listen to those posters, they just want Arizona to continue staying conservative. They are behind the times and Phoenix is changing.

I’d personally recommend my neighborhood to you. I live basically at Biltmore or Uptown (North Central) depending on who you ask. If you can afford it, I recommend living as close to the 16th street and Northern intersection as you can get. There you can get the best public schools in the city. You get Madison elementary and middle schools, and then Sunnyslope High. You also get the environment you’re looking for.

If you can stick to the East Camelback Road corridor, you can get really good schools there in the multiple Arcadia neighborhoods. Try to get Arcadia High and not Camelback high school. I do not recommend going towards Thomas if possible.

Both of the above areas assume you make a lot of money, and can afford a low million dollar home. If you can’t afford that high, there are still other nearby homes with that vibe that’ll suit your budget. You’ll have a hard time finding a place below 500k in both areas though.

To be honest you’ve already identified the neighborhoods I’d recommend, except some of the historic neighborhoods like Encanto, Coronado, or Willo. Other posters have recommended those.

I’m a progressive and I really enjoy my neighborhood. I rent here but I can’t afford it as much as I’d like to. I think my neighborhood would also suit you well, as well as Arcadia or the historic neighborhoods I just listed.

If you are open to living a bit further out, I’d also recommend North Tempe to you. I think you’d really like the Maple-Ash neighborhood in Tempe, just west of ASU.
Lol. The irony. The more progressive this place gets, the more things cost. The more progressive it gets, the less likely YOU will be able to ever purchase a home. Section 8 might be in your future at this rate.

Old 11-01-2021, 05:45 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,822,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Lol. The irony. The more progressive this place gets, the more things cost. The more progressive it gets, the less likely YOU will be able to ever purchase a home. Section 8 might be in your future at this rate.
Who pooped in your food today? I don’t know why you’re being so hostile on here.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:22 PM

342 posts, read 320,604 times
Quote:
Who pooped in your food today? I don’t know why you’re being so hostile on here.
It's very odd, particularly considering that he gives his name out to people in private messages and asks them to hire him as a realtor. I hope he feels better. It really sounds like he's having a bad day.

Old 11-01-2021, 07:39 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,281,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scully2010 View Post
It's very odd, particularly considering that he gives his name out to people in private messages and asks them to hire him as a realtor. I hope he feels better. It really sounds like he's having a bad day.

Busted!

Old 11-01-2021, 08:02 PM

979 posts, read 418,512 times
0909 isn't telling a lie about progressivism.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:46 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,922,430 times
Quote:
The irony. The more progressive this place gets, the more things cost.

interesting observation

Old 11-02-2021, 12:08 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,822,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scully2010 View Post
Well I know when I’m buying I won’t go to him. No one who tells me I’m going to section 8 is worth my time.

Old 11-02-2021, 06:34 AM

342 posts, read 320,604 times
Quote:
Well I know when I’m buying I won’t go to him. No one who tells me I’m going to section 8 is worth my time.
Yes, I actually considered talking to him at first as a realtor, but then I researched his older posts and changed my mind.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:02 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,661,613 times
Quote:

Your first part of your post is 100 percent correct.

Your second part of your post is pure ignorance. SMH. Do better.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:32 AM

65 posts, read 47,032 times
Quote:
This statement is really odd coming from a realtor.

Yes, the more progressive a place gets the more desirable it gets. Especially with educated and affluent buyers. Along with that comes the potential of higher paying jobs. Austin and Denver are perfect examples of once sleepy midsized cities that are now thriving with headquarters and regional hubs. With all that said, neither of those cities are really progressive by San Francisco standards. I don’t why people think their city will turn into that. Maybe it’s time to turn off a certain news network?

Now back to the OP, the neighborhoods you stated and others recommended are great choices. Phoenix isn’t full at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area