Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 04:54 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Booker's out. No championship for Phoenix.
They'll have to win one, maybe two series without Booker. The signing of Landry Shamet in the off-season could pay dividends now that Booker is on the shelf. When drafted, Shamet was the top rated 3pt shooter in the class, he has the ability to fill the role. They can also go small and fast with Cam Payne. There's really no excuse, the Pelicans are without their best player too. The good news is Booker is young, a pulled hammy for Chris Paul might put him on the shelf a couple extra weeks.

I'm a Lakers fan, but a very casual basketball fan in general (usually just the playoffs) but I'll be rooting for the suns to get it done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 09:37 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Dallas Mavericks beat the Suns by 33 points, which means the Suns are out of the series, and the Mavericks head to the Western Conference Finals. Very disappointing game on their home court. The best team in the NBA this season allowed themselves to be defeated so badly. Regardless, I'm still a Suns fan, and hopeful for next season.

Old 05-15-2022, 09:41 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,116 times
Phoenix sport teams have been a big disappointment ������ lately.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:48 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Phoenix sport teams have been a big disappointment ������ lately.
Lately? Our teams mirror the city - not quite ready for the big time.

Old 05-16-2022, 02:30 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,955,230 times
The team plays better as the disrespected, looking for something to prove, team.

Booker went from humble superstar to kind of cocky. Some of the stuff he did during this series made me lose a little respect for him. Hopefully this team goes back to disrespected underdog.

Old 05-17-2022, 03:37 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
I don't understand the uproar over the Suns apology to fans. I get the idea to just say nothing too, just let time do its thing. But it seemed like a nice thing to do, although it wasn't signed by the owner. What am I missing here?

Old 05-17-2022, 06:40 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
I don't understand the uproar over the Suns apology to fans. I get the idea to just say nothing too, just let time do its thing. But it seemed like a nice thing to do, although it wasn't signed by the owner. What am I missing here?
I don't have anything against the apology letter, but I can understand why some people didn't take it too well. The Suns had a fantastic road record this season, so there was really no reason why they couldn't have gotten their act together in game 6 and won in Dallas. Then, coming back to Footprint Center and easily handing the win to the Mavericks. I'm usually not one to believe in conspiracies, but it seemed fishy how the best team in the league played absolutely lousy in the last two games.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:58 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,721,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I don't have anything against the apology letter, but I can understand why some people didn't take it too well. The Suns had a fantastic road record this season, so there was really no reason why they couldn't have gotten their act together in game 6 and won in Dallas. Then, coming back to Footprint Center and easily handing the win to the Mavericks. I'm usually not one to believe in conspiracies, but it seemed fishy how the best team in the league played absolutely lousy in the last two games.
I have mentioned this to others. It may sound like an oxymoron but having the best record does not mean they were the best team in the league. They obviously weren't because they were humiliated in a crucial game 7 on their home court. This team never showed that "killer" instinct championship teams need to win it all. It was a needed humbling for Booker and the others who lost that sense of hunger to win and started believing their own press. It was a disappointing end to one of the best seasons (record-wise) in the teams history and for the record, I doubt the team rewards Ayton with the max contract he wants. The window for a championship is closing quickly for this team (if it hasn't already closed!?) because of how much better other teams in the west will be once everyone is healthy.

Old 05-18-2022, 09:22 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
I have mentioned this to others. It may sound like an oxymoron but having the best record does not mean they were the best team in the league. They obviously weren't because they were humiliated in a crucial game 7 on their home court. This team never showed that "killer" instinct championship teams need to win it all. It was a needed humbling for Booker and the others who lost that sense of hunger to win and started believing their own press. It was a disappointing end to one of the best seasons (record-wise) in the teams history and for the record, I doubt the team rewards Ayton with the max contract he wants. The window for a championship is closing quickly for this team (if it hasn't already closed!?) because of how much better other teams in the west will be once everyone is healthy.
Ayton doesn't deserve it. The backup centers played better than him for the most part all post-season. Chris Paul needs to go too. He is either great, or terrible. We need more consistency and a younger person at that position.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:30 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Ayton doesn't deserve it. The backup centers played better than him for the most part all post-season. Chris Paul needs to go too. He is either great, or terrible. We need more consistency and a younger person at that position.
Unfortunately, playoff caliber players don't grow on trees. They would be hard to replace I think Ayton is fine, Williams just needs to make adjustments so he can play in beast mode. CP3 is done. He blew the series with Milwaukee the same way last year. He's got maybe two real hard games in him and then he is just out of gas.

Besides CP3, Williams should go. Coach of the year? Well, up to playoff time maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area