Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 02:07 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,127,443 times

Advertisements

Kinda related.....

I-17 had a few miles of exit closures at night over the weekend.

Had to bail off the freeway at Glendale Ave going north.

Taking 35th ave...at Dunlap...Cortez Park....

A crap-ton of stuff in shopping carts et al on the sidewalk. They won't let 'em camp in the park, so they set their stuff up in the grass during the day....then move everything to the sidewalk when the park closes.

Closing time.

You don't have to go home
But you can't stay here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2023, 02:13 PM
YAZ

I pray that the Phoenix City Council also allocates funding for law enforcement (full time/'round the clock), at these new and improved "Zones."

Bonus pay for Zone Detail.

Old 07-09-2023, 09:26 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,022,374 times
Walked to Circle K earlier (1st Ave & Fillmore). Two guys passed out on the property and another guy standing by the door screaming nonsense at an imaginary person. High heat is melting minds.

Old 07-09-2023, 10:35 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Walked to Circle K earlier (1st Ave & Fillmore). Two guys passed out on the property and another guy standing by the door screaming nonsense at an imaginary person. High heat is melting minds.
It's the new ultra meth. Methamphetamine with Fentanyl. They give it away at first. Then it's like...$3-$5 per pill after. Not our parents' cocaine.

Pot is too expensive, and a six pack of cheap beer runs around $8 at the party store. (Michigan nomenclature off for now).

Old 07-10-2023, 08:47 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,295,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
It's the new ultra meth. Methamphetamine with Fentanyl. They give it away at first. Then it's like...$3-$5 per pill after. Not our parents' cocaine.

Pot is too expensive, and a six pack of cheap beer runs around $8 at the party store. (Michigan nomenclature off for now).
When I first started dating my wife, I told her we needed to go to the party store to pick up some beer. She was so confused, and after about 5 minutes she asked why Party City would sell beer.

Old 07-10-2023, 09:21 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,295,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
When I first started dating my wife, I told her we needed to go to the party store to pick up some beer. She was so confused, and after about 5 minutes she asked why Party City would sell beer.
Considering that Party City filed for bankruptcy in Jan. maybe they should start selling it.

Old 07-10-2023, 11:14 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,295,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Considering that Party City filed for bankruptcy in Jan. maybe they should start selling it.
Maybe, said conversation happened 15 years ago so maybe I was onto something.

Old 07-10-2023, 07:18 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,316,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
In this type of thread, I always mention one thing. The people that know them best, their friends and family, have given up on them. There is usually a reason for that.
That's a good point. I indirectly know somebody who is self employed, but extremely lazy to where she doesn't want to work any extra time to improve her business or increase income. She's on Medicaid, has complained about struggling to afford rent, and is probably several steps away from being homeless. The difference is: she isn't alcoholic or a drug addict, and she has plenty of supportive family members who will help her through a financial crisis. A good share of the homeless population is completely beyond help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Kinda related.....

I-17 had a few miles of exit closures at night over the weekend.

Had to bail off the freeway at Glendale Ave going north.

Taking 35th ave...at Dunlap...Cortez Park....

A crap-ton of stuff in shopping carts et al on the sidewalk. They won't let 'em camp in the park, so they set their stuff up in the grass during the day....then move everything to the sidewalk when the park closes.

Closing time.

You don't have to go home
But you can't stay here.
A little off the topic, but you can thank our wonderful ADOT for making traffic detour onto side streets, causing commutes to be slower, and drivers being granted the the pleasure of viewing the beautiful homeless scenery along 35th Avenue. I can't think of any other cities or states where entire freeways are closed all weekend. ADOT deserves the booby prize award for such an outstanding job performance.

Old 07-12-2023, 11:05 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,027,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
A little off the topic, but you can thank our wonderful ADOT for making traffic detour onto side streets, causing commutes to be slower, and drivers being granted the the pleasure of viewing the beautiful homeless scenery along 35th Avenue. I can't think of any other cities or states where entire freeways are closed all weekend. ADOT deserves the booby prize award for such an outstanding job performance.
I know there was a thread on this, but yes this is an INSANE way of working on freeways. It's so frustrating and like you said, it's the only major metropolitan area that closes down entire freeways for an entire weekend EVERY weekend. There is a better way to handle freeway maintenance...

Old 07-13-2023, 09:46 AM

51,080 posts, read 24,586,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
I know there was a thread on this, but yes this is an INSANE way of working on freeways. It's so frustrating and like you said, it's the only major metropolitan area that closes down entire freeways for an entire weekend EVERY weekend. There is a better way to handle freeway maintenance...
Having lived in the Washington, DC area for most of my adult life, I have often thought how weird this is here to simply shut down freeways SO OFTEN. But it's not the only DUMB thing the highway department does here. There were a few days they shut down BOTH Dysart and Litchfield Roads, two "adjacent" parallel roads north from the Goodyear area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area