Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 08:56 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
So the lack of water is of no big concern?
It's a huge concern all over the SW. Probably much more of a concern in LA than in PHX...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2022, 12:11 PM

817 posts, read 627,620 times
Phoenix becoming high cost of living may be the cause of why people are starting to leave. Average rent for a 1-2 bedroom being $1300-$1800 will force many out, at those prices you could just live in California instead lol.

Old 03-12-2022, 12:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
Phoenix becoming high cost of living may be the cause of why people are starting to leave. Average rent for a 1-2 bedroom being $1300-$1800 will force many out, at those prices you could just live in California instead lol.
$1800 in Phoenix is a much different life than $1800 in LA or SD.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:42 PM

41 posts, read 29,224 times
I met someone recently who was visiting from Wisconsin and she actually liked Phoenix! She said she'd rather have the heat than the cold. So there might be some people who want to live here. I also met another person who recently moved here and he likes it so far. I think those who want to leave maybe felt that Phoenix wasn't the right fit for them.

And California is much more expensive than Arizona. The Bay Area is a lot more expensive than Phoenix. The cheap apartments in California I feel are probably in bad areas depending on where you are. Bakersfield and Santa Maria both are probably cheap because nobody wants to go to those cities. People go to the major fun cities in California like San Diego, LA, San Francisco, etc. Fresno I also heard from a friend that it's another town nobody wants to go to in California.

Old 03-13-2022, 12:49 PM

817 posts, read 627,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixInCentralArizona View Post
And California is much more expensive than Arizona. The Bay Area is a lot more expensive than Phoenix. The cheap apartments in California I feel are probably in bad areas depending on where you are. Bakersfield and Santa Maria both are probably cheap because nobody wants to go to those cities. People go to the major fun cities in California like San Diego, LA, San Francisco, etc. Fresno I also heard from a friend that it's another town nobody wants to go to in California.
Average rent for 1-2 bedroom apartment in San Diego is around $1500-$2000, compared to Phoenix at $1300-$1800, I wouldn't consider California outside of LA and SF "much more expensive" than Arizona at this point. The cost of living in the Phoenix area is rising fast and the city has the highest rent increases in the entire country according to some reports.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:21 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,296,787 times
Quote:
Average rent for 1-2 bedroom apartment in San Diego is around $1500-$2000, compared to Phoenix at $1300-$1800, I wouldn't consider California outside of LA and SF "much more expensive" than Arizona at this point. The cost of living in the Phoenix area is rising fast and the city has the highest rent increases in the entire country according to some reports.
you can still find the rare 2 bd one bath Apt for less than $1800 in a crappy area but rents are going up each and every month. I say it is time for a proletariat revolt!

Gilbert Suburb Studio Premier Overlook
$1,618 – $1,932
Studio, 1 bath, 651 sq ft
really $! ?

Westgate, Glendale

2018 : 2bd 2 bath 1040 sq ft , $1,025 Westgate , Glendale
2022 same Apt $1750 to $2,000 depends on move-in special and somehow the Sq footage has increased.

so not bad at all if you are making only 65K a year.

call off the revolt fo now

Old 03-13-2022, 01:38 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,724,866 times
Quote:
I met someone recently who was visiting from Wisconsin and she actually liked Phoenix! She said she'd rather have the heat than the cold. So there might be some people who want to live here. I also met another person who recently moved here and he likes it so far. I think those who want to leave maybe felt that Phoenix wasn't the right fit for them.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:59 PM

2,905 posts, read 2,003,475 times
Quote:
Phoenix metro has the highest increases, not Phoenix city. Scottsdale and giblert are top 25 rental markets. While Phoenix is just top 50.

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 03-13-2022 at 02:10 PM..

Old 03-13-2022, 02:08 PM

2,905 posts, read 2,003,475 times
Quote:

There are no cheap apartments in California.
Santa Maria is more expensive than Scottsdale for apartments. It's a whatever town with crime problems, but it has some of the best weather in California.

Desert cities are highly transient. Always been that way, always will. That's partly why some of the largest property price swings happen in the desert. People have no problem leaving after a couple of years.

Old 03-13-2022, 02:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Phoenix metro has the highest increases, not Phoenix city. Scottsdale and giblert are top 25 rental markets. While Phoenix is top 50.
Where’s this data coming from? Downtown Phoenix seems to have insane demand. A small pocket that I follow has rentals up to $3500/mo getting snatched up almost immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area