Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 05:02 AM
msc msc started this thread

4 posts, read 9,105 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Moving back to AZ (used to live in Prescott) and wondering where to locate. I really liked the small-town feel of Prescott, but no jobs there. So where in the Phoenix area would be good for a single, 51 yo female to meet people and be where one can walk or bike to places (library, coffee shop, etc.). I heard Mesa had more of a main street type area, but really have no clue as to other areas.

I'll be renting an apartment, so no consideration about home prices. Don't have a job yet, so if I know where to look to live, I can more closely focus my job search.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 05:42 AM

2,897 posts, read 10,392,127 times
Sounds like you would enjoy the ASU area, even though its a college crowd it has what you're looking for.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 AM

15,524 posts, read 15,521,702 times
I don't know about meeting people, but central Scottsdale, in the vicinity of Fashion Square, has a bunch of things within walking distance - library, department stores, art galleries, restaurants, bookstore, supermarkets, Center for the Arts.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:19 AM

1,169 posts, read 5,255,917 times
There have been a few threads in the past on walkable neighborhoods, a search should dig up some of them.

Google map satellite view can be used to see the greenbelts and canals that can be used for biking safely. Google maps can also be used to show things like libraries. Set the map up on the area interested in and in the text box above "Find businesses, addresses and places of interest" type in what you would like to find.

There is also a good map showing all the area bike paths at the link below.

Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG)

Old 08-24-2009, 09:27 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,502,362 times
I think you'd want to find a job first, then live somewhere within reasonable driving distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area