Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 04:35 PM

132 posts, read 89,970 times

Advertisements

$85 to fill my cars little tank. Crazy to think that a quick run to the west side or AJ from Tempe is now $10-15 round trip.

Even my motorcycle tank is $30+ to fill.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:03 PM

3,329 posts, read 2,296,288 times
I hear ya. As I have whined elsewhere on C-D, I drive from San Tan to Phoenix daily. No bueno. I sincerely hope this doesn't last for ages...or just long enough for all of us to think $4.50 is a "good price". I doubt it will ever go back down to where it was before--I don't think it ever does after a price hike (thinking of earlier times). I don't have any stats, just remembering.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:36 PM

990 posts, read 2,567,844 times
Perhaps Barak Obama said it best.....

"Elections have consequences"

Why is anyone on Gods Green Earth surprised?

The man told the public during the campaign in no uncertain terms.... He would shut down the fossil fuel production in the United States if he was elected.

Naturally, this is the one and only promise he kept.

Lucky us.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:43 AM

9,886 posts, read 11,290,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
Perhaps Barak Obama said it best.....

"Elections have consequences"

Why is anyone on Gods Green Earth surprised?

The man told the public during the campaign in no uncertain terms.... He would shut down the fossil fuel production in the United States if he was elected.

Naturally, this is the one and only promise he kept.

Lucky us.
Are you saying Biden's US policy is responsible for the entire GD world's cost of energy?! I never realized a president's wishes (which many of his desires have been overturned by the courts) had such a high impact on gas prices.

Here is your homework assignment. Study this graph https://www.macrotrends.net/2501/cru...e-prices-chart (the cost of a barrel of oil and the cost of a gallon of gas). See if you see a pattern.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:41 AM

39,178 posts, read 51,489,919 times
Gasoline prices have been dropping on the mercantile exchanges and are about 50 cents per gallon lower than this time last week. Of course, not a penny of that has been reflected in prices. Based on historical futures prices, gasoline should be sell for about a dollar less than it is on the national average.

Crude oil is around $120 per barrel which is high but well below prices we have endured before. However, the price of gasoline sold by refiners relative to what they pay for the oil is very high. So high in fact that it blows away all historical peaks. A little bit of gouging going on?

Anyway, the price picture at this moment along with typical seasonal patterns suggests that pump prices should be falling as summer ends. Until the world oil industry adjusts to the realities of Russian aggression and the sanctions imposed in reaction, relief will be minor - a buck maybe?

Old 06-17-2022, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Gasoline prices have been dropping on the mercantile exchanges and are about 50 cents per gallon lower than this time last week. Of course, not a penny of that has been reflected in prices. Based on historical futures prices, gasoline should be sell for about a dollar less than it is on the national average.

Crude oil is around $120 per barrel which is high but well below prices we have endured before. However, the price of gasoline sold by refiners relative to what they pay for the oil is very high. So high in fact that it blows away all historical peaks. A little bit of gouging going on?

Anyway, the price picture at this moment along with typical seasonal patterns suggests that pump prices should be falling as summer ends. Until the world oil industry adjusts to the realities of Russian aggression and the sanctions imposed in reaction, relief will be minor - a buck maybe?
One reason the price of gas is higher in the summer is the blend. Maybe relax the blend demands over the summer?

If gouging is going on, I would favor the US government getting into the oil exploration and refinery business. I mean, it works for a multitude of countries. You know, China National Petroleum Corporation, Petroleos de Venezuela, Saudi Aramco, and others.

That said, generally speaking, gas prices and oil prices go hand and hand.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:48 AM

Several of the outstate areas are charging in the $4.50 range. See here https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/arizona

Old 06-17-2022, 07:10 AM

39,178 posts, read 51,489,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
One reason the price of gas is higher in the summer is the blend. Maybe relax the blend demands over the summer?

If gouging is going on, I would favor the US government getting into the oil exploration and refinery business. I mean, it works for a multitude of countries. You know, China National Petroleum Corporation, Petroleos de Venezuela, Saudi Aramco, and others.

That said, generally speaking, gas prices and oil prices go hand and hand.
That has been done here in the past when the Cali refineries blow up or the pipelines have failed. Those were actual shortages though. There is no shortage of gasoline or oil at the moment. No lines, no out of gas signs to be seen anywhere in the US.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:15 AM

12,199 posts, read 6,378,645 times
I wouldn't say that $6/gallon gas is a foregone conclusion.

It might be $7 or $8.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:47 AM

23,373 posts, read 29,254,806 times
And if you were to look at gas prices in the rest of the world, next time you filled up at $6 a gallon you'd be screaming Bargain. $11 a gallon in Hong Kong. And $10 a gallon in Europe, and do you hear them complain?

One solution is to drop the sanctions against Venezuela/Maduro, which our current President and past President refused to do. My how picky we've gotten over which Dictator to buy oil from!! Yes, the oil from Venezuela is more difficult to process, but there were 2 refineries built during the Chavez years to handle it. Chevron is standing by in Venezuela, just in case.

If our public transit was more fun to ride in this country, more would use it. 5 trips to Central America, I rode in the back of pick-up trucks, holding on to a bar, and riding the fun chicken buses, where vendors hop, on and off, along the way selling anything from delicious friend chicken to vitamins to everything under the sun.

All those pick-up trucks prowling our streets could be used for public transit and our old school buses. And down there you need not be at a designated bus stop, just flag one down anywhere and they'll stop for you. What a luxury!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area