Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM

57 posts, read 101,971 times

Advertisements

About 10pm a few weeks ago I was walking my dog in a neighborhood when I heard coyotes attacking a dog in someones yard nearby. A lady ran out to save her dog who was just out for its last run of the night and I unloaded my entire clip in the dark at them as they started running away (I got there 15 seconds to late to leave a few dead). At least I found a lot of blood so I know I hit at least one. Actually I practice for sniper precision so I'm confident I got all three...

Since then I've been spending my excerise time off the local nearby trails tracking and killing these things. I've upgraded my piece to an AR-15 and 45 round clips to get more..

Does anyone know the best way to atract these things to you other than their attempts at small animals? I took my dog on one occasion to "hunt" them and one actually had the courage to stare us down and growl. I then took out his rear end and cut his stomach open while he was still alive so my dog could teach him what its like to be eaten. That day I let the other coyotes in the distance live so they could watch their friend and hopefully learn humans won't put up with this.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:02 PM

96 posts, read 532,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acstr View Post
About 10pm a few weeks ago I was walking my dog in a neighborhood... coyotes attacking a dog in someones yard nearby.... A lady ran out to save her dog... I unloaded my entire clip in the dark....

...the local nearby trails tracking and killing these things.... I've upgraded my piece to an AR-15 and 45 round clips to get more...

... I then took out his rear end and cut his stomach open while he was still alive so my dog could teach him what its like to be eaten.....

Wow!!! one of the very very few reasons I can think of for stronger gun control.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:08 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Does it make you feel like a big tough guy hunting down and killing coyotes for sport?
What the hell is wrong with you? You move out to the desert, and want to kill off the native species that were there before you. Move to the city if you don't like it.

I have no sympathy for the lady who lets her dog out at night in an unfenced yard and basically fed it to coyotes. Simple answer: don't do that.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:16 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Default What a sicko!

That post is loaded with cruelty! As a dog owner, don't you feel weird at all about killing other dogs? And firing into the dark? God knows what else you hit, sounds like you are wild with your firearm.

Total low life

Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Does it make you feel like a big tough guy hunting down and killing coyotes for sport?
What the hell is wrong with you? You move out to the desert, and want to kill off the native species that were there before you. Move to the city if you don't like it.

I have no sympathy for the lady who lets her dog out at night in an unfenced yard and basically fed it to coyotes. Simple answer: don't do that.

Its a fenced yard of a beautiful property. They made their way into the non-fenced area of her negative edge pool since it is on a mountain.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
That post is loaded with cruelty! As a dog owner, don't you feel weird at all about killing other dogs? And firing into the dark? God knows what else you hit, sounds like you are wild with your firearm.

Total low life
Low life? I can guarantee I'm worth much more than you. I love animals! Just not anything that could possibly cause harm to myself, property, or dog.

Coyotes are fine miles away. They have no business coming on my neighbors property or trying to kill our dogs.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:31 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
My thoughts aren't to chase after animals that aren't harming people or domesticated animals. If they are doing their thing in the wild good for them. I don't have a problem taking out an animal that is in the middle of causing a problem or of a known nuisance. Not sure why individuals hunt animals that have no food value in them, or are not a known problem animal. As far as the sniper training, you may want to practice the single shot, single kill philosophy. Unloading a weapon in the hopes of hitting something doesn't seem very practical to me, nor does it seem safe within a neighborhood setting. From my training an individual that is acting as a sniper isn't confident that he or she killed the target. Confidence isn't part of the equation. Knowledge is.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Unloading a weapon in the hopes of hitting something doesn't seem very practical to me, nor does it seem safe within a neighborhood setting.
It's in fact illegal to discharge a firearm within 1/4 mile of any sort of inhabitable structure in AZ. Try that in my neighborhood, and I can GUARANTEE will would be prosecuted.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoutAZ View Post
Wow!!! one of the very very few reasons I can think of for stronger gun control.
Think about what you're saying.. In this scenario firearms saved dogs. In another experience I was on a friends 5,000 acre property near the Mexican border and a group of terrorist illegals trying to bring kids across to breed were stopped by us. We had more fire power than the Border Patrol and stopped a huge future welfare wave. Since then I've lobbied and donated funds for M-60's so that the BP could lay down thousands of illegals as they cross. It horrible they have to keep these things alive.

Its to bad land mines aren't legal even on your own property. I would pay a staff just to take pictures of Mexican body pieces that are illegally trasspassing on private property to cross here but more importantly into the great USA.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
Quote:
Does anyone know the best way to atract these things to you other than their attempts at small animals? I took my dog on one occasion to "hunt" them and one actually had the courage to stare us down and growl. I then took out his rear end and cut his stomach open while he was still alive so my dog could teach him what its like to be eaten. That day I let the other coyotes in the distance live so they could watch their friend and hopefully learn humans won't put up with this.
I suggest you go get some counseling. You're merely exploiting a neighbor's tragedy to give yourself the freedom to carry out sadistic inhumane acts.

Quote:
In another experience I was on a friends 5,000 acre property near the Mexican border and a group of terrorist illegals trying to bring kids across to breed were stopped by us. We had more fire power than the Border Patrol and stopped a huge future welfare wave.
They were harboring kids and obviously weren't in any position to get into a violent confrontation that could harm them. I seriously doubt bringing in overwhelming force would've been necessary. Even in the absence of force, they're not likely to abandon their kids and split up the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area