Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 01:33 PM

9 posts, read 4,881 times

Advertisements

Recently moved from LA due to breakup and could use some insight into neighborhoods in looking for a rental apartment. Criteria:

Single 40 y/o female hang out with younger and older singles, not families . And looking for my future man once I get settled.
Work remotely so need a 2br 1000+ sq ft with rent under $2500 (as close as possible to $2K would be nice)
Like to get out and take walks or light hikes after work
Do not want to live in a party building or in a loud area, but I do like to go out and have some drinks, shop, or lounge in the pool.

I looked in Desert Ridge this weekend across from High Street and I liked Cameden Apts and Montreaux. But am I a little far living that far out? I am very overwhelmed by looking south of the 101 since there are so many apts and buildings. Are there certain boundaries I should stay within? I don't want to live too close to Old Town and North Scottsdale has been recommended to me, but I don't really know exactly where I should be looking.

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2022, 03:19 PM

219 posts, read 177,465 times
I would look into apartments by downtown Chandler or Gilbert. I can't give any specific names, but those areas are way more suited to your demographic. The area by High Street is nice, but the crowd is pretty hit or miss.

Old 07-18-2022, 03:39 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,658,132 times
Scottsdale would be ideal. Somewhere around Camelback and Scottsdale Rd. north to the 101 you can't really go wrong. Maybe around Kierland/Scottsdale Quarter.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
I would look into apartments by downtown Chandler or Gilbert. I can't give any specific names, but those areas are way more suited to your demographic. The area by High Street is nice, but the crowd is pretty hit or miss.
Thank you. I don't particularly care for those areas. They are too quiet, too suburban for me and too many families for my taste. I am also severely allergic to horses and there are a lot of them out that way lol. I should also mention I am a New Yorker and am used to more of a city life for most of my life.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Scottsdale would be ideal. Somewhere around Camelback and Scottsdale Rd. north to the 101 you can't really go wrong. Maybe around Kierland/Scottsdale Quarter.
Thank you! I have been to Kierland and really like it. Feels like LA

Old 07-18-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfl123 View Post
Thank you. I don't particularly care for those areas. They are too quiet, too suburban for me and too many families for my taste. I am also severely allergic to horses and there are a lot of them out that way lol. I should also mention I am a New Yorker and am used to more of a city life for most of my life.
Have you considered Phoenix? You seem to want a more affluent area. What about the Biltmore area around 24th St and Camelback? Lots of great restaurants and shopping nearby.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Have you considered Phoenix? You seem to want a more affluent area. What about the Biltmore area around 24th St and Camelback? Lots of great restaurants and shopping nearby.
Thanks, will check that out. Have not been over that way. Not sure about more affluent. Just don't want to be surrounded by families and I like having shopping, Whole Foods and other amenities nearby.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfl123 View Post
Thanks, will check that out. Have not been over that way. Not sure about more affluent. Just don't want to be surrounded by families and I like having shopping, Whole Foods and other amenities nearby.
20th St and Camelback has a Whole Foods, LA Fitness, Trader Joe's and a bunch more. Think the Lululemon-wearing professional crowd. It's a great area. A touch more urban than Scottsdale but less touristy and more DINKs and singles than families.

Old 07-18-2022, 05:34 PM

13,807 posts, read 8,039,961 times
I second taking a look at Phx. esp. you being single and looking to mingle.

1.6 million people in Phx. Might not be LA but I'm sure you'll have opportunities to meet people.

Old 07-18-2022, 10:11 PM

135 posts, read 124,969 times
24th/Camelback Corridor. Tatum/Shea Corridor. Kierland Commons/Scottsdale Quarters. Downtown Scottsdale. 7th street in North Central Corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area