Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 AM

81 posts, read 232,572 times

Advertisements

If any one of you is a recruiter, I need some advice....

Am I just spinning my wheels applying to jobs all over Metro Phoenix before I live in the area? Do recruiters see out of town applicant, and just toss the application/resume aside without even reading it? I have put on my cover letters that I will move at my expense. I don't know how else to let employers know that I'm serious about moving.

I'm just having a hard time accepting that I don't fit every one of the applications I've completed in an area as large as Phoenix. (BS - Business Management, 8 yrs. IT Administrator, 3 yrs HR manager, 3 years office manager, direct supervision of 30 people, multiple insurance licenses, etc.)

Or, I guess the economy is really that bad, it's not like I'm getting action in the other cities either. I posted this thread in the Dallas area too, because that's the first choice for my wife and I. I've spent way more time searching/applying for Dallas jobs, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about not receiving any action from Phoenix yet.

I know things are tough all over. I'm just a bit frustrated. I know I'm not alone though. It's just something about the Phoenix area has attracted me. I'm almost obsessed with reading and studying about it. It's a close 2nd to Dallas in my book as far as places that I want to move my family to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area