Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:19 PM

7 posts, read 47,281 times

Advertisements

Haven't found much info on this forum for the Dreaming Summit subdivision. Is it safe? I can't seem to find any crime stats for them. How are the schools there? There seem to be a lot of listings there at really low prices. Anyone know if it's mostly renters or owners who live in the community? If you live there, how much HOA fees do you pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 12:35 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
You REALLY have to be more specific. There are THOUSANDS of subdivisions in the valley that it's impossible to know them all by name. First, what city is it in? Secondly, what are the main crossroads? Even with this information, most of us will have no idea where it is. But, we will try to help.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:09 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,788,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
You REALLY have to be more specific. There are THOUSANDS of subdivisions in the valley that it's impossible to know them all by name. First, what city is it in? Secondly, what are the main crossroads? Even with this information, most of us will have no idea where it is. But, we will try to help.
I googled it and came up with Litchfield Park. It might as well be Fresno. I've been to each town one time and can't tell you anything except they are a long way from where I live.

Is there anyone that can give the OP some info on Litchfield Park?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
I googled it and came up with Litchfield Park. It might as well be Fresno. I've been to each town one time and can't tell you anything except they are a long way from where I live.

Is there anyone that can give the OP some info on Litchfield Park?
I usually will google it, but sometimes I feel like not doing all the work for someone. Thanks for letting us know where it is!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM

7 posts, read 47,281 times
It's the one in Litchfield park, next to Luke AFB.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
I know the area fairly well and don't think it's that bad - you are closer to Luke and you will hear planes from the base

schools for the younger ones will be in the litchfield ESD, which is pretty good - dreaming summitt is mediocre for the district and has had some crowding that led kids being sent to verrado

the area around camelback & dysart is undergoing a lot of new development so the area is becoming more convenient - decent access to both the 10 & 101

all in all not a bad place to be - we have pretty good friends who used to live in the development and never had an issue either at their house or in one of the neighborhood parks

Old 01-09-2009, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,008 times
I was just looking at some homes to buy in the dreaming summit subdivision and i did notice the air force base really close. I was just wondering how often do you hear the planes and does it get extremely loud like they are flying right over your house. Do they only fly on the weekdays or weekends too ? I did not hear anything when i was there for over an hour looking around the neighbourhood at some homes for sale.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 AM

942 posts, read 2,519,053 times
Hi,
We have friends that live in that neighborhood and they seem happy. I would imagine it might have more renters since it is so close to the base, but I could be wrong. Litchfield ESD is a good district with many excelling schools. I don't believe Dreaming Summit is excelling, however. Please google that. Verrado Middle School and High School are new and beautiful.

We live several miles from there are we hear the jets during the week, both day and night. Dreaming summit is actually on the opposite side of the road from the runway, so you may not hear the jets. We may actually get more of their noise than you would. I don't think I've ever heard them on the weekend or a holiday. They can be loud if you are sitting outside. Inside, I tend to not notice them.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,160 times
Post Dreaming Summit

I know it's been awhile since this posting started, but, I just saw it.

As one of the home owners, in Dreaming Summit, I can give you first hand information.

Dreaming Summit is in Litchfield Park. It's a great neighborhood. Most of the residents are the homeowners. We do have some renters, but, mostly owners. Since the housing market drop, we have more renters than previously, but, it's still mostly owners.

Our schools are awesome, Litchfield Elementary, Western Sky Middle School and Millennium High.

Luke Air Force base is within 1 mile of Dreaming Summit and the flight line is close. However, we are not on the flight path, therefore, we barely hear the aircraft. The planes can fly at various times of nights and days and holidays, but, really aren't a problem.

The HOA began in 2003 at $87 and 10 years later, it's been raised to $105. We have great landscaping all through the development. We have numerous parks and a soccer field, basketball court, sand volleyball court and baseball field. Great place to raise children.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Well, there is a current Dreaming Summit homeowner saying they don't hear the aircraft noise but I'm in this area every day and it is so close to the base I can't imagine how you can't hear aircraft noise being this close to the base. I live 10 miles south of this and I'm not in the flight path and I hear the aircraft so I can't figure out how those in Dreaming Summit can't hear the aircraft when they are at full power taking off.

I would highly recommend the OP visit the subdivision yourself during flight ops and judge the noise for yourself. One person may not perceive the noise as an issue and the same noise may drive someone else nuts. A perfect example of this can be seen in this thread as the Dreaming Summit resident that says they "barely hear the aircraft" can tell you that they fly on weekends and holidays and military spouse who admits she can easily hear the aircraft doesn't know they fly on weekends and holidays. How noise is perceived is highly dependent on the person hearing it.

Last edited by LBTRS; 06-02-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area