Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 AM

21 posts, read 21,278 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,

We are a Family with 3 children (1,3,5 years old), currently we live in Madrid, but we have lived for 3 years in California (San Jose area), Toronto (Canada) and we have an offer for Phoenix.

We would like, what is the best neighborhoood for families with young children, the best schools, how is the public school? our children speak well English and they went always to private school. I looked at the website but I don't know if the public school are good education (for example in California have good ranking the public school).

Other question: I am a Pharmacy and currently I am working in a Pharmaceutical Company, how is this sector there?

Finally what is the cost of living for a family like us? What would be a salary recommendable for living comfortable, kids have to go at the school, rent for house, etc...

Many thanks in advance. I wish to move there. Crossing fingers.

The best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 05:52 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
There are many nice areas for families in the Phoenix area. This is a very large place! Because it is such a large area, it is best to be relatively close to work, as commutes can be very long. So, it would help to know the general area where you would be working.

Funding for public schools is not good in AZ, but many districts provide a quality education here with what they have. Private schools vary widely in terms of cost; there are also many "charter" schools here. People who have children in charter schools can tell you about their experience.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:36 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,308 times
What area of Phoenix will you be working? Once we know the area, we can point you to a great place to live with good schools.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:03 PM

21 posts, read 21,278 times
Thanks for the answers! My husband's company is in E. McDowell Road, but we don't care the commute. We would like to choose the best area for school (elementary school) and family nice area to live, close to parks, libraries... Thanks for your help!!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:38 PM

8 posts, read 10,917 times
For schools look at Greatschools.org. Lots of different schools here, public, charter, private. Depends on the area you are looking to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area