Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:32 AM

100 posts, read 408,110 times

Advertisements

I just can not think of anything else to describe the whole Phoenix area, other than that word. I could go on and on to say what is wrong with this place, but I am not going to vent. The only thing I like about being here is that I think I like what I do, and that is not saying much.

When I wen't back to my hometown I felt I was missing out on so much. I did not even feel that way while I was living in the ATL. It was more of the opposite when I went back home I just couldn't wait to head back to the ATL. I just feel that at my age if you are deprived of so much culture, you are going to turn out like the majority of the natives here, and I just do not want that to happen to me.

I kind of wish I looked at other websites like Sperling Best Places to kind of get an idea if this place would have been a good fit for me. A majority of the posters venting there share many views I have about this place. I posted a thread three months ago about the people here being under educated, and surprised that people actually verifying that my observation is accurate.

I just do not like it here and after being here for several months I am going to find ways to get the heck out of here.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:51 AM

92 posts, read 311,131 times
You claim that people in Phoenix are undereducated, yet you use the phrase "This place sucks" as your heading. Hmm...is this a real person or a spamming bot?

Old 07-04-2008, 12:08 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
I just can not think of anything else to describe the whole Phoenix area, other than that word. I could go on and on to say what is wrong with this place, but I am not going to vent. The only thing I like about being here is that I think I like what I do, and that is not saying much.

When I wen't back to my hometown I felt I was missing out on so much. I did not even feel that way while I was living in the ATL. It was more of the opposite when I went back home I just couldn't wait to head back to the ATL. I just feel that at my age if you are deprived of so much culture, you are going to turn out like the majority of the natives here, and I just do not want that to happen to me.

I kind of wish I looked at other websites like Sperling Best Places to kind of get an idea if this place would have been a good fit for me. A majority of the posters venting there share many views I have about this place. I posted a thread three months ago about the people here being under educated, and surprised that people actually verifying that my observation is accurate.

I just do not like it here and after being here for several months I am going to find ways to get the heck out of here.
Your homesick I think....When I left Washington for Texas, I was so homesick, I couldnt even keep my job. I hated Texas so bad, I did not even want to go out to check the mail...that meant I would have to see TEXAS again. That Lone Star flag was everywhere taunting me.

Theres no place as good as Washinton state to me, but it had issues too. I just find that Phoenix solves many of my problems, has mountains, even if they arent covered with trees, Great housing prices, and low Taxes.

Your going to get flamed with your statements, and I don't agree with you, but I certainly understand you.

ALot of folks like Atlanta, never been there, but I hear good things.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:29 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogetsthesaurus View Post
Hmm...is this a real person or a spamming bot?
Troll, and basically a repeat of this memorable thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ding-here.html

Let's not feed the trolls.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:02 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,511 times
Well we would kind of prefer you didn't like it. Exit...thatta way =>

Old 07-04-2008, 01:06 PM

99 posts, read 386,735 times
Quote:

Why r u torturing yourself just go back & quit whining already

Old 07-04-2008, 01:53 PM

812 posts, read 2,307,364 times
Quote:

I will be more than happy to buy you a plane ticket!

Old 07-04-2008, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,303 times
Quote:

wow. ATL is really that great? PHX is not much worst than any other place. yeah it isn't the san franciso bay area, san diego, CA, LA CA (my hometown) or NYC, but it has good things and bad things about it like any other place. (These are all places I've lived in by the way.)
At least it has baseball, nba, nfl,and a decent airport, and it is in 5 hours of so. cal, grand canyon. and don't sleeep on sedonaa!

Old 07-04-2008, 02:00 PM

329 posts, read 1,276,298 times
Quote:

xenourtv, what, exactly, is the purpose of your post here? What kind of response are you looking for? If you are unhappy then just leave but don't insult the good folks who call AZ home and love it here. Doing so is just rude behavior and, shall I say it, uneducated behavior. I am guessing that you will not be happy anywhere but good luck on your exit strategy and your search for your perfect place.

Last edited by poolgirl51; 07-04-2008 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Troll, and basically a repeat of this memorable thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...ding-here.html

Let's not feed the trolls.
Aw, that was such a great thread!!! I wish we could reopen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area