Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 2,728 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Phoenix with my girlfriend and dog and have become overly frustrated with using the internet to locate a property.

We are looking for a two bedroom with a small yard or patio. The location catch is that she works at the 101/17 Junction and I work at ASU. I want to drive a moped to save money and therefore want to live within 10 miles of school without making her commute over a half hour. Searching for things only brings back wrong locations and places no good for dogs. We just want a cute small house or townhouse in South Scottsdale or Scottsdale... frustrated... I found a house in the Garfield Historic disrict but am being warned against it (I don't mind a little rough aroudn the edges, but not unsafe).

Any help?

Thanks, Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 12:40 AM

70 posts, read 211,317 times
I don't know if you've considered looking into one of the neighborhoods in Phoenix that are both close to a light rail station and close to the I-17.

We live near the I-17, and my husband's commute takes him north, against traffic, in the mornings and south in the evenings. His job is near the 101, and it takes him about fifteen minutes maximum to get to work and fifteen minutes, top, to get back home in the evenings.

Beginning in late December, my son will be able to ride the light rail to ASU from a station that he can walk to from our home.

There are several neighborhoods that you could check into that would allow your wife to go in the opposite direction of most of the commute traffic. It's just an idea.....

Old 07-06-2008, 12:42 AM

46 posts, read 139,619 times
[quote=yosephroth;4349806]I am moving to Phoenix with my girlfriend and dog and have become overly frustrated with using the internet to locate a property.

We are looking for a two bedroom with a small yard or patio. The location catch is that she works at the 101/17 Junction and I work at ASU. I want to drive a moped to save money and therefore want to live within 10 miles of school without making her commute over a half hour. Searching for things only brings back wrong locations and places no good for dogs. We just want a cute small house or townhouse in South Scottsdale or Scottsdale... frustrated... I found a house in the Garfield Historic disrict but am being warned against it (I don't mind a little rough aroudn the edges, but not unsafe)
Any help?

If you live in south scottsdale she will have to commute more than 1/2 hr ( assuming she works around regular business hrs ).
In fact, your stated goals are unreasonable. you will have to live farther from ASU than you want to get her a half hour commute with traffic. Try the shea blvd / 92nd street area.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,728 times
[quote=hank c.;4349928]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosephroth View Post

If you live in south scottsdale she will have to commute more than 1/2 hr ( assuming she works around regular business hrs ).
In fact, your stated goals are unreasonable. you will have to live farther from ASU than you want to get her a half hour commute with traffic. Try the shea blvd / 92nd street area.
Thanks, makes sense. I will refocus my search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: