Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
can't say I blame her, at least right now anyway. I have been doing some crock pot cooking, which is really winter cooking. I am still looking for that way to cook where you don't really have to cook
Mine takes far better care of me than I deserve. She loves to cook and since we've been together I don't even get to grill steaks anymore-she insists on doing that too. I just help out with the laundry, shopping, vacuuming, the yardwork and the trash.

Oh, and its about 97 degrees again and 24% humidity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 06:45 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
So is this a chat as in something online, realtime? Otherwise a chat does not serve much purpose.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
So is this a chat as in something online, realtime? Otherwise a chat does not serve much purpose.
Here's the explanation(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Phoenix City-Data Members and Guests:

Here's the place to chat, whether it's just to say hi, ask about the weather on the other side of the valley, discuss the D-backs, etc. It's up to you.

Off Topic:
Off topic comments are going to happen, especially in long threads. It's not always a bad thing... some can be entertaining. BUT, if the occasional off topic comment grows into a discussion, BRING IT HERE. Otherwise, expect to see them deleted entirely or moved here.

Remember, the Terms of Service rules apply here.
Enjoy yourselves, but please keep it civil.
Quote:
Okay guys, there is no "LIVE" chat in the traditional sense. Maybe I should have titled it something like, " The Phoenix Sort of, But Not Exactly a Real Chat Room". This is as close as we can come. Granted, this may only a small step above using Direct Messages, but unlike DM's everyone can add their .02 cents here.

It's a place where we can come and discuss almost anything ~ it's a wide open thread. Nothing here is off topic. The only guidelines are obeying the Terms of Service.

This is an experiment. If it doesn't work, it goes away. If it does, it's a win-win:
(1) The people who are only interested in the the original subject matter of a thread won't have to wade through pages of unrelated material.
(2) By being considerate of others and moving their off topic posts here, the people caught up in the unrelated discussions won't have everything they've written in the wrong place deleted.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:20 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,447,487 times
Quote:
Okay guys, there is no "LIVE" chat in the traditional sense. Maybe I should have titled it something like, " The Phoenix Sort of, But Not Exactly a Real Chat Room". This is as close as we can come.
Oh man, bummer. For a second I thought there was a real, live chatroom and got all excited...dang AJ, thanks for giving us false hopes!

lol

Quote:
It's a place where we can come and discuss almost anything ~ it's a wide open thread. Nothing here is off topic. The only guidelines are obeying the Terms of Service.
Is this what everyone does with any other thread, right after they jack the thread and deviate from the original topic?

lol....of course I am only kidding!

...or may be not?

Quote:
This is an experiment. If it doesn't work, it goes away.
Was or will there be any testing on animals first or are we it?

I just save the new movie 'Dark Knight' and felt like being the Joker for a bit, please take it easy on me BAJman!

Old 07-19-2008, 09:01 PM

430 posts, read 1,409,942 times
Default soooooooooooo... do tell how was the movie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Oh man, bummer. For a second I thought there was a real, live chatroom and got all excited...dang AJ, thanks for giving us false hopes!

lol

Is this what everyone does with any other thread, right after they jack the thread and deviate from the original topic?

...or may be not?

I just save the new movie 'Dark Knight' and felt like being the Joker for a bit, please take it easy on me BAJman!
Hearing good things about it, was it worth the 25 bucks, lol popcorn included of course!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

lol

...or may be not?

(1)Sorry about the false hopes.(2) Exactly. Not kidding. (3). I gotta see it. Thanks for the call, hope the scooter deal works out. Wish my wife would ride. I'd love to get a used Beemer twin and take take that trip up the PCH I told you about. It's fun in a Mustang drop-top, but nothing would beat a mc ride on that road. Big Sur is calling!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Hello everybody! What are everyones take on this 67% humidity and temps in the upper 90's? Do you like it or do ya hate it? I thought this morning was heaven. I know most people come here to escape it though. Is this what the heat waves are like for other states? I'm trying to understand and compare. Any help would be appreciated. Is it cool like this in the morning and night with the humidity? I noticed because I sweat more I feel cooler when there is a little breeze.
I don't want a fight though, just some honest answers. Trying to "picture" what everyone talks about on here. Thanks

Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
My husband and I love it. Hard to walk in without coming home soaked.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:36 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
My husband and I love it. Hard to walk in without coming home soaked.
LOL and the hair straightener is a bit of a loss in this weather. Better to go curly. I love it too but I know a lot of people don't.
I was thinking compared to the rest of their year of weather it seemed really hot to them, but compared to ours it seems milder. Could that be it?

Old 07-20-2008, 11:05 AM

8,320 posts, read 13,447,487 times
Quote:
The best way to kill a thread is to ignore it.
Perhaps we should lock this one and direct all interested parties to our new 'live' thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area