Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
 
1,170 posts, read 3,421,061 times
Reputation: 175

Advertisements

Hi guys...Who are some of the "it" chefs in Phoenix area? What restaurants? I don't recall phx being a hotbed of any famed chefs but I could be wrong here...who are some of the up and coming or already here chefs in the area that you know of? thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
 
9,091 posts, read 19,102,796 times
Reputation: 6967
Nobuo Fukuda - Seasaw

Kevin Binkley - Binkleys

Jack Strong - Kai

Chris Bianco - Pizzeria Bianco, Panne Bianco

Matt Pool - Matt's Big Breakfast, Rooselvelt Tavern (good honest food)

Justina Duong - Cyclo

there are a lot more ........ it's not a top tier foodie spot, but there are more than enough high quality options and minds working here to keep you going for a long, long time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
3,995 posts, read 9,965,312 times
Reputation: 905
Roy Yamaguchi - Roy's of Phoenix

Douglas Rodriguez - Desea (one of the most honored Neuvo Latino Chefs)

Vincent Geurithault - Vincent's on Camelback

Robert McGrath - Roaring Fork

Lee Hillson - T. Cook's (#1 restaurant from Zagat's restuarant and hotel guide)

These are just a few my friend in the Hotel and Restaurant Management Business program at ASU sent to me. She said there are many more but can't recall all of them, and Finger Laker listed some on her list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 PM
 
1,170 posts, read 3,421,061 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Nobuo Fukuda - Seasaw

Kevin Binkley - Binkleys

Jack Strong - Kai

Chris Bianco - Pizzeria Bianco, Panne Bianco

Matt Pool - Matt's Big Breakfast, Rooselvelt Tavern (good honest food)

Justina Duong - Cyclo

there are a lot more ........ it's not a top tier foodie spot, but there are more than enough high quality options and minds working here to keep you going for a long, long time
Thanks Finger!....I saw the See Saw menu and website and figured that guy had to be one of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:30 PM
 
1,170 posts, read 3,421,061 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Roy Yamaguchi - Roy's of Phoenix

Douglas Rodriguez - Desea (one of the most honored Neuvo Latino Chefs)

Vincent Geurithault - Vincent's on Camelback

Robert McGrath - Roaring Fork

Lee Hillson - T. Cook's (#1 restaurant from Zagat's restuarant and hotel guide)

These are just a few my friend in the Hotel and Restaurant Management Business program at ASU sent to me. She said there are many more but can't recall all of them, and Finger Laker listed some on her list.
Cool, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Inside the 101
2,744 posts, read 7,358,340 times
Reputation: 3167
In addition to those named above,

Beau MacMillan -- Elements @ the Sanctuary, Iron Chef winner

Mark Tarbell -- Tarbell's, another Iron Chef winner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
 
2,546 posts, read 6,846,186 times
Reputation: 2010
Eddie Matney- Eddie's House restaurant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Apache Junction
148 posts, read 300,920 times
Reputation: 129
Here's a link I found. I hope it helps. Phoenix Arizona CVB Official Travel Resource- Hotels - Restaurants - Golf in the Greater Phoenix Area (http://www.visitphoenix.com/press/index.cfm?action=article&artID=189 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 AM
 
1,170 posts, read 3,421,061 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikats View Post
Here's a link I found. I hope it helps. Phoenix Arizona CVB Official Travel Resource- Hotels - Restaurants - Golf in the Greater Phoenix Area (http://www.visitphoenix.com/press/index.cfm?action=article&artID=189 - broken link)
Thanks, actually this is a very useful link.....Seeing as how focked up the economy, business and job markets are right now, I have decided to stay put for now and if I were to choose a vacation spot, Phoenix is nowhere near the top but this is very useful link nonetheless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top