Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best fast food chain in Phoenix and Mesa?
Culver's Butter Burgers and Frozen Custard 11 24.44%
In-N-Out Burger 24 53.33%
Someplace else 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:14 PM

162 posts, read 543,399 times

Advertisements

In-N-Out is nasty. The burgers are about as thick as paper and the majority of the 'girth' is made up by onion, lettuce, tomato, ect... you know, the cheap stuff.

The fries, dont' even get me started. Their small, soggy and have a texture that resembles styrofoam. The fries dont' taste like anything unless you cover them with loads of salt.

Sure wish their were Runza's around here (native to the Midwest). Thus, my vote was cast in the 'other' category.

As far as the comparison, (culvers vs. in-n-out) it cannot be made. Culvers has a huge menu, and isn't marketed to be cheap fast food, unlike in-n-out. If you have to go to one of the former, choose culvers. The ol' saying is true, you really get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 01:34 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,720,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
I vote "Someplace Else."

Culver's is established in other markets but is brand new here. With only two places, both infants, you can't have an honest poll. It barely qualifies as a chain (more than one place?) and even then is barely known, outside of transplants.

I&O is decent, though not as worthy as the hype. I'd be just as happy with a Fatburger or Carl's $6 restaurant burger ($3).

But why the heck are we talking national fast food burgers when there are certainly good local purveyors... Delux, Chuck Box, the Big Ass burger at Roaring Fork, etc?
it's a national chain, but agree it';s too new to the area. this was just a response to the hype of in n out, because I think the culvers basic butter burger beats an INO burger any day. thanks for all the input.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:38 PM

990 posts, read 3,188,028 times
Just how many Culvers are there?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
Just how many Culvers are there?
2 in the area, all together look at link
Culvers: Experience fresh, delicious food served with a great big side of friendly smiles and warm hospitality. (http://www.culvers.com/locator/default.aspx - broken link)
I think they put out a better burger than INO, what I don't get are people saying you can compare the two because the styles in burgers are different. What? They both have two buns a patty, maybe cheese and condiments.......they're both HAMBURGERS!!!!style? explain that one. OH, and thank you all for the input

Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I've never been a fan of InNOut ever. I think their food is not good at all. I'd take McDonald's or Wendy's or Burger King any day. I've never tried Culver's and probably never will since I don't eat fast food anymore and I'm a vegetarian.
Your post doesn't make any sense...Your a vegetarian, yet you eat at Mcdonalds and Wendy's burgers..... I have never even heard of Culvers, but i do love an I N out burger. I usually save money and lose the fries...

Old 08-18-2008, 06:24 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,171,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbean View Post
In-N-Out is nasty. The burgers are about as thick as paper and the majority of the 'girth' is made up by onion, lettuce, tomato, ect... you know, the cheap stuff.

The fries, dont' even get me started. Their small, soggy and have a texture that resembles styrofoam. The fries dont' taste like anything unless you cover them with loads of salt.
haha, my thoughts exactly. I never understood why people make a big deal about them.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:21 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,068,594 times
I've never heard of Culver's.. but I love I-N-O! Sadly I havent had one in a year . I think its one of the first things I'll eat when I finally get to Arizona lol. I'll keep Culver's in mind too.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 AM

639 posts, read 2,712,274 times
Quote:
In-N-Out- double-double w/ grilled onions +xtra special sauce- mmmm

Thats is called "Animal Style" yes it is actually something you can order on both the burgers and fries.

In N Out has a secret menu if you didn't know.

in-n-out’s secret menu » Badmouth

I think Astro burger in Salt Lake beats both hands down.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:27 PM

419 posts, read 1,525,733 times
Portillo's in Chicago beats all those.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:40 PM

anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area