Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best fast food chain in Phoenix and Mesa?
Culver's Butter Burgers and Frozen Custard 11 24.44%
In-N-Out Burger 24 53.33%
Someplace else 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 AM

17 posts, read 74,644 times

Advertisements

Culvers hands down. Well, Ive never been to in and out, but I would rather wait 5-7 mins at my table for a DELISH burger than get it right away... and at culvers they're thick and cheesy and tasty and YUM. They have a lot of them in Michigan.

This is like comparing mcdons to a nice steak house sit down place.

No comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:32 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,728,965 times
^

Old 09-05-2008, 12:35 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,345,448 times
Dude, keep your "Culver's" whatever the heck that is back in wisconsin where it belongs, In-N-Out burger is what RULES in the southwest! That and Whataburger.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,886,328 times
culver's is the best fast food in the world!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:21 PM

267 posts, read 899,386 times
In-N-Out Burger is 1000 times better than Culvers!!! Culvers has good ice cream, but their burgers are pretty boring. Give me an in-n-out burger with double cheese, and grilled onions ANYDAY! Plus, I mean, who doesn't love the fact that if you tell them you're eating in the car, they put it in the little half box, and leave the sandwich half unwrapped for you??!?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 PM

252 posts, read 954,892 times
Neither one was in Phoenix when I lived there. I love Jack In The Box!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,513,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbean View Post
In-N-Out is nasty. The burgers are about as thick as paper and the majority of the 'girth' is made up by onion, lettuce, tomato, ect... you know, the cheap stuff.

The fries, dont' even get me started. Their small, soggy and have a texture that resembles styrofoam. The fries dont' taste like anything unless you cover them with loads of salt.

Sure wish their were Runza's around here (native to the Midwest). Thus, my vote was cast in the 'other' category.

As far as the comparison, (culvers vs. in-n-out) it cannot be made. Culvers has a huge menu, and isn't marketed to be cheap fast food, unlike in-n-out. If you have to go to one of the former, choose culvers. The ol' saying is true, you really get what you pay for.
This is crazeee talk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griebelh View Post
Culvers hands down. Well, Ive never been to in and out, but I would rather wait 5-7 mins at my table for a DELISH burger than get it right away... and at culvers they're thick and cheesy and tasty and YUM. They have a lot of them in Michigan.

This is like comparing mcdons to a nice steak house sit down place.

No comparison.
More crazeee talk!!

To be fair to Culver's. I've been there once. It was very good. But to say there's no comparison? Oh, noes...

Old 09-06-2008, 11:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,513,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
Dude, keep your "Culver's" whatever the heck that is back in wisconsin where it belongs, In-N-Out burger is what RULES in the southwest! That and Whataburger.
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_it_here View Post
In-N-Out Burger is 1000 times better than Culvers!!! Culvers has good ice cream, but their burgers are pretty boring. Give me an in-n-out burger with double cheese, and grilled onions ANYDAY! Plus, I mean, who doesn't love the fact that if you tell them you're eating in the car, they put it in the little half box, and leave the sandwich half unwrapped for you??!?
Yeah!!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 PM

17 posts, read 74,644 times
There isnt a comparison. It's seriously like comparing ramen noodles to Olive Garden or something.. I mean c'mon!

They should have more Culvers here... particularly in Scottsdale..

So get on it!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 PM

8,372 posts, read 13,520,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbean View Post
In-N-Out is nasty. The burgers are about as thick as paper and the majority of the 'girth' is made up by onion, lettuce, tomato, ect... you know, the cheap stuff.
I like In N Out once in a while but I've to agree, their meat by itself is not tasty at all and kinda small hence the sorta cheap combo price. I also find their meat undercooked so I always tell tell to make it welldone.

I make pretty good meatball/hamburgers at home but often too lazy to (especially for myself). When I make 'em, I use half Turkish ingredients half my own experimental stuff (could come out zesty, spicey or hot) depending on my mood. Everyone who had my tasty balls was very satisfied (think Alec Baldwin's
Schweddy Balls
skit from SNL). lol

Quote:
The fries, dont' even get me started. Their small, soggy and have a texture that resembles styrofoam. The fries dont' taste like anything unless you cover them with loads of salt.
Nah, I like their fries but for the soggy part, I also get them welldone, they already have enough salt as it is.
I just wished, fries had skin on, I love fries with skin!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area