Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best fast food chain in Phoenix and Mesa?
Culver's Butter Burgers and Frozen Custard 11 24.44%
In-N-Out Burger 24 53.33%
Someplace else 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:55 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times

Advertisements

I like the ketchup at Curver's better. But the mustard is better at Inn and Out Burger (better pepper as well). But the salt is way too salty at Culver's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 PM

35 posts, read 73,836 times
Smile Freddy's

If you guys like Culvers, you should try Freddy's They have way better fries. Burgers are like Culver's but I think taste better.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggroomer67 View Post
If you guys like Culvers, you should try Freddy's They have way better fries. Burgers are like Culver's but I think taste better.
I tried Freddy's on Waddell in Surprise. There are good but not as good as Culver's. They are also more expensive. My shakes were Dairy Queen quality.... Nothing special in that department.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM

74 posts, read 273,422 times
In-N-Out wins for me because they happily accommodate people with food allergies, so my daughter can eat there with us. But if we're going on food alone, In-N-Out still wins. Culvers is way too greasy for me. In-N-Out fries cannot be eaten longer than 10-15 minutes after they're made, though. And yeah, Freddy's has awesome fries. I've heard Five Guys thrown into this debate as well and while they're okay and the fries are decent, no comparison really.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
Although I rarely go, Five Guys Burgers area great. Just don't look at the grease on the sack-o-fries.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
I'm a bit amazed at the craze over In-n-Out. They are SOOO no big deal. Over salty meat and fries. There isn't anything on the menu over at Culver's that doesn't kick it's butt at In-n-Out frankly. Hard to believe others don't see it that way. Not to mention the menu is vast and well beyond the other's limitations.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 AM

102 posts, read 578,272 times
Yeh culvers is the best!! better then majority fast food places here in the valley. In n out sucks.. They just add lots of salt to there burger and frys to give it some flavor.. Everytime i eat a burger at in and out i need to drink like a gallon of water afterwords. Thirsty from all the huge amount of salt they use lol..

Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times
Yesterday I drove to Culver's and ordered their fries and butter burger with the works, drove down the road and ordered In/Out burger/fries. I haven't eaten a fast food burger in four months. Being a fan of In/Out for 33 years, I would only eat their hamburgers and swore by them. Guess what??? Yesterday, I found the In/Out burger to be salty and the size of the meat patty has decreased, so all I tasted was lettuce, onion, tomato, and salt tasting whatever but no meat taste and the fries were highly salted.

Culvers hamburger in comparison, the meat patty was bigger, you could actually taste the meat, the buttery flavor of the bun, the taste just popped in your mouth. I found In/out fries to be extremely salty. I use very little salt on my food. Culver's fries were hot and you could taste the potato and not the salt.

I ordered a chocolate shake from Culvers' and I am not a shake type of person but it was extremely tasty.

Culver's wins the taste test hands down. Goodbye In & Out.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 AM

156 posts, read 420,332 times
Try Culver's onion rings! The Bomb Digity!

Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,144,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggroomer67 View Post
We walked into the one by the Chandler Mall and about gagged on the smell in there. Not sure if it was someone using funky mop water or if that is the smell of their kitchen...but we walked out.

Haven't tried Culver's yet...but having grown up in California In-n-Out is one of our favorites. They have changed quite a bit over the years though. The patties seem smaller now. I just wish Tommy's would come out here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area