Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:56 AM

611 posts, read 1,991,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Um, did you watch the video clip? This was a light hearted and suppose to be sort of funny post, sorry, thought it was obvious.

I believe your right, nothing excessive, just like the rest of life.

Remember, "Don't be a reckless Rudolf"

LOL. Did now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times

Funny isn't it. ha ha

Old 08-20-2008, 12:57 PM

108 posts, read 362,265 times
Default Idiot Drivers!

MOST drivers are stupid. The most dangerous thing I do everyday is drive.

I take my life in my hands doing that, and this is here in Cleveland. It

is much worse in Phoenix. I know, I just returned from there.

Drivers today have NO concept of speed limit, merging, turn signals or

courtesy. ALL of you who have posted blasting the drivers that DO drive

the speed limit are blooming idiots! The fault is NOT with the drivers who

OBEY the law, it is with the ones that BREAK it! The speed limits should

be adhered to. For saving lives, not to mention saving GAS now!

There is NO reason to be in the left lane and suddenly cut insanely

across 4 lanes of traffic to exit. Did you not know where you had to get

off? IDIOTS! There should be an IQ test to obtain and keep a drivers

license. It should be a privilege to have one, not a right. And the traffic

laws should be MUCH more severely enforced. We have the technology

to do it. Put Big Brother to work for something useful!

BAH!

Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLeeVegas View Post
MOST drivers are stupid. The most dangerous thing I do everyday is drive.

I take my life in my hands doing that, and this is here in Cleveland. It

is much worse in Phoenix. I know, I just returned from there.

Drivers today have NO concept of speed limit, merging, turn signals or

courtesy. ALL of you who have posted blasting the drivers that DO drive

the speed limit are blooming idiots! The fault is NOT with the drivers who

OBEY the law, it is with the ones that BREAK it! The speed limits should

be adhered to. For saving lives, not to mention saving GAS now!

There is NO reason to be in the left lane and suddenly cut insanely

across 4 lanes of traffic to exit. Did you not know where you had to get

off? IDIOTS! There should be an IQ test to obtain and keep a drivers

license. It should be a privilege to have one, not a right. And the traffic

laws should be MUCH more severely enforced. We have the technology

to do it. Put Big Brother to work for something useful!

BAH!
First of all, do you think perhaps you could avoid spacing between lines to where you might actually have a coherent posting???

I'll repeat what I've stated before: Arizona law mandates that slower traffic must keep to the right. That is an absolute law. Speed limits are not absolute. That's why most cops will give you a buffer of roughly 10 MPH in excess of the posted limit before they pull you over & issue any kind of citation.

Driving in the left lane at a slow rate of speed when the flow of traffic is moving at a faster rate is a violation of Arizona law. Those of you who are annoyed and bothered by the other vehicles that whiz by you on a regular basis, move to the right lane, or get off the freeways entirely! I'm really tired of hearing these complainers calling for Big Brother to save us all from ourselves ... and furthermore, all this whining about Phoenix drivers is getting pretty old. Most of these whiners are not even from here ... so if the fast driving is so bad here that it makes you crazy, pack up & move!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:49 PM

The right hand lane is for people who slow traffic from needing to get on and off the freeway, not for the people who choose to go the speed limit.
And the fast lane is not for people who always go 10 miles over the speed limit, it's for people who won't be getting on or off the freeway for awhile so they can have a constant speed, not so they can speed. It sounds sort of foolish when you act like it's a lane for the more experienced drivers or something, the special ones that are aloud to go the extra 10 or so miles over.
I believe the exception that the police give is for passing, a momentary break in judgement or adjustment. I don't believe it's just for the ones who think they can handle a little more speed. I may be wrong, but I welcome your excuse for the "fast lane" and the right lane. Curious to see what you think they are really for.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:25 PM

108 posts, read 362,265 times
Default Uh huh...

Yeah, I guess I was talking about people like YOU!

Don't worry about how I space my typing! After all it's a free country

and I can type how I choose! OH! You probably apply that to YOUR

lousy driving! But there are LAWS against speeding, none against

typing with spaces! ( I do it for easier reading by the way, for the rest

of you! ) FYI, I do stay to the right as much as possible, I DON'T crawl

along. I do the speed limit or a little over at times. I still get passed up

like I was standing still by idiots who think they are in NASCAR.

SPEED KILLS! BAH!

Old 08-20-2008, 08:32 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Seriously, the drivers in PHX are not that bad. Theyre not the best, but far from the worst. What you describe is merely commonplace in most cities, and far worse in places like Boston, D.C., Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, etc.
Sorry, I have driven in LA and they are MUCH better. I've also driven in Boston and they are horrible. Nonetheless, this town has horrible drivers. All a person has to do is look at the skid marks on the K walls. Case closed.

Last edited by movin'on; 08-20-2008 at 08:40 PM..

Old 08-20-2008, 08:38 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
First of all, do you think perhaps you could avoid spacing between lines to where you might actually have a coherent posting???

I'll repeat what I've stated before: Arizona law mandates that slower traffic must keep to the right. That is an absolute law. Speed limits are not absolute. That's why most cops will give you a buffer of roughly 10 MPH in excess of the posted limit before they pull you over & issue any kind of citation.

Driving in the left lane at a slow rate of speed when the flow of traffic is moving at a faster rate is a violation of Arizona law. Those of you who are annoyed and bothered by the other vehicles that whiz by you on a regular basis, move to the right lane, or get off the freeways entirely! I'm really tired of hearing these complainers calling for Big Brother to save us all from ourselves ... and furthermore, all this whining about Phoenix drivers is getting pretty old. Most of these whiners are not even from here ... so if the fast driving is so bad here that it makes you crazy, pack up & move!
Well, Valley Native, perhaps you do not know better. But there are people in this country who DO USE turn signals and take cutting one off and tailgaiting seriously.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Is there anyone who has not yet seen this road sign:

As much as I have been enjoying this Jerry Springer-like discussion, you all need to realize those who are obeying the posted speed limits are not the slowpokes that you hate but on the same token not everyone who likes to stretch that posted speed limit by going 5-10 over is a speedfreak who is aggressive or changes lanes like a maniac, cutting through everyone else, etc.
You all need to realize that there is a possibility that while arguing with each other like the other party is the one that drives you nuts on the road everyday is a completely different type of animal who is probably neither one of you.
I do notice the moronic drives but from what I realize, those moronic drives that everyone is raving about whether he/she is driving way too slow or fast are only about 10%-20% of the drivers out there. Most, imho, are at least OK drivers and another 10%-20% is exceptional good such as myself....ehem.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Is there anyone who has not yet seen this road sign:

As much as I have been enjoying this Jerry Springer-like discussion, you all need to realize those who are obeying the posted speed limits are not the slowpokes that you hate but on the same token not everyone who likes to stretch that posted speed limit by going 5-10 over is a speedfreak who is aggressive or changes lanes like a maniac, cutting through everyone else, etc.
You all need to realize that there is a possibility that while arguing with each other like the other party is the one that drives you nuts on the road everyday is a completely different type of animal who is probably neither one of you.
I do notice the moronic drives but from what I realize, those moronic drives that everyone is raving about whether he/she is driving way too slow or fast are only about 10%-20% of the drivers out there. Most, imho, are at least OK drivers and another 10%-20% is exceptional good such as myself....ehem.
Good Point Turco!
Did you see my funny video about Sam and Rudolf?
I think the devil is what is making people speed, watch it and see the proof. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area