Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 08:44 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,943,303 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Our next door neighbor just sold their home here in Massachusetts and are planning to relocate to Arizona in town named Vistancia...They told us that it 's a great area to live..However they have family there so we think they were being a little biased...We would like to get unbiased opinions of the area...For example how good are the schools, convenience of shopping centers nearby, crime rate, how hot does it get in the summer---is it unbearable hot, job market, medical facilities,do they have lakes there, friendliness
of people in general toward outsiders. Any info would be appreciated...

Last edited by tonyandclaire89; 08-23-2008 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Typo error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:58 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
We live in Vistancia, so I am not sure my answer will be unbiased, but I will give it a try. We are very happy with our choice here. One thing to mention is it is not a town but a master planned community which feels like a small town. We have several builders that have built different housing options for buyers and some are in gated developmnts. There is a new Safeway center right at the entrance and it has many smaller stores within the pad. A new Wine Tasting room has opened and we have a new dentist. In the middle of the Vistancia Village we also have a new elementary school and another one in construction. You can google Arizona Real Estate - Vistancia - Peoria AZ - Master plan Community to see a sit map. Four miles down Vistancia Blvd, we have new shopping on the four corners of Lake Pleasant/ Vistancia Blvd that has a Home Depot, Lowes, Pier One, Pet Smart, Marshalls, Kohls, Super Target, and many more shops to choose from. We also have several new restaurants to eat at, Chili's, Pita Grill, Lakeside Bar and Grill, Chipoltles, Paradise Bakery, McDonalds etc. This is not an island any longer, but more of a small city within a city. Come and visit.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,943,303 times
Hi MotleyCrew,

Thanks for responding...How are the summers----is it unbearable hot...

Old 08-23-2008, 11:28 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
It is very, very hot here, but that is the case in most of the valley areas. It took us a few summers to adjust to it, mostly not being able to open windows at night. Other than that, we actually look forward to summer and feel it is a small price to pay for the wonderful winters here. You tend to shop early in the morning or in the evening, but the heat does not seem to stop people from going about their business. My two daughters work out in the heat. The most intense heat is in July, August is the second, but Sept seems to start working its way down to tollerable. Before you pick up and move, you should come over for a weekend visit to see what you can see and feel the summer heat.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:46 AM

71 posts, read 211,075 times
Hi,

We just moved to Vistancia about two months ago. Motley Crew gave you lots of info about this community. It gets VERY hot here in the summer. I can tell you we moved right into the hottest time of the year and it is tough to go from nice summers to this intense HEAT but you do continue to live your lives, just now it's indoors all the time. It's dry heat though, not like muggy summers in New England. It's about 8 minutes to the closest shopping (and it is limited). MC, posted the stores that are that close. For major shopping and dining it's about 20 mins away. Job market seems much better here than in CA (where I am from).

Friendliness of people here is GREAT. I think mainly because there are so many transplants that live in AZ. It's a lot different than New England. But, I miss New England a lot and the people there are like no others I have ever met. In the fact that they are very reserved for the most part to outsiders until they get to know you. At least that was my impression in the few years we lived there.

The schools here seem to be okay, so far but my kids have only been in them a couple weeks. I do have my opinions about some things in the state with regards to education, but I will keep those to myself for now.
Driving here is stressful to me compared to NH, MA, CT, WA, OR and CA, but that's just my opinion.

Hope this was the unbiased info you wanted. Good luck on your decision. I would definately make a trip out here to see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area