Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 11:58 AM

3 posts, read 12,386 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My husband and I are moving to Phoenix soon. We will need to buy Health Insurance there because they don't have Kaiser which we are having now.

Please help us find a good Health Insurance company.

We are planning to try to have a baby as soon as we move there. Since we lost our first new-born baby recently, we like to go with a good Hospital for the next pregnancy for better care. Please advise us on some good hospitals in the areas.

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,046 times
Please let me know any information you may get.
We are planning to relocate to Queen creek from California and also have kaiser,
I would not want to cancel my health insurance carrier just yet untill we are accepted by another..
Thanks for any help,

Old 01-10-2008, 11:34 PM

32 posts, read 114,574 times
If you are in the East Valley, I WOULD NOT suggest Chandler Regional. I had Both of my daughters there for convenience sake, but it is very disorganized, filled with illegals, and the people are rude and rushes. I have been into the hospital at least half a dozen times, and always the same experience.

My sister had her baby at St. Joseph's and I was VERY impressed. Theye were very attentive, clean, organized, and they had a great staff, and the best NICU in our area.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,398,851 times
Default Good Luck...

Hospital care in the Phoenix area has proven to be somewhat disappointing for me and my husband. St. Joseph's has a new ER; they are a "hit or miss." My husband was recently hospitalized there and we had a very bad experience...we filed a formal complaint with the hospital's Director. I've been hospitalized at Mercy Gilbert...it was pretty nice, but it is also a newer facility, so staffing is an issue (i.e. not a lot of good doctors work there yet). Good Samaritan (Banner) in Phoenix is dirty and unorganized. The cleaner hospitals will be in the far away areas of the greater Phoenix metro area. That's part of the problem my husband and I are having since moving here last March. Staffing is an issue with these newer hospitals though. We were told by a very attentative and knowledegable nurse that Banner Arrowhead is very nice and the doctors there are good. I would try there. We currently go to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.

For private health insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield is good, as well as Aetna. Good luck.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,597 times
Blue Cross/Blue Shield has been #1 in arizona for customer satisfaction in Arizona for the past 4 years according to "The Book of Lists". I have Blue Cross but also looked closely at Humana. The broker who helped be shop for the best program is really helpful. Let me know if you would like referral.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,089 times
Default medical/dental/vision insurance

hello,
just networking for my friend again with re to the insurance. Here's what she told me when I signed up.....I can see anyone I want. They fit the plan to needs and it's completely affordable because my friend I referred to her is getting medical, dental, and vision for the cost of what I was getting for just health at my previous employer!! YeaH I know....but it's true. If you need info email me and I'll forward you to her. I will not post her info on here because it's in rules and such. Also you never know...so I like to screen people before hand.
Thanks for understanding.
Oh and there's a few other benefits too....so it's worth a quote.
Kim

Old 10-23-2008, 06:58 PM

216 posts, read 732,103 times
Thumbs up BOY do I know a *great* hospital...

It's Banner Good Samaritan (McDowell & like 12th Street). I delivered my son there in Jan. & couldn't have had better care! I had getsational diabetes througout my pregnancy, the baby was one month early & I had to have several things done (constant blood sugar monitoring, induction, IV peniccilin (sp?), etc. etc.) but the nurses were OMG SOOOOOOOOO wonderful! The baby had jaundice so I was there several days & they let me stay (for free) in a guest room to be near the baby/overnight. You can tell the people who work there enjoy their jobs! This is where couples come from out of town to deliver multiple babies, high risk, etc. because it's renowned for this. I noticed too that it's one of America's top hospitals (US NEWS/World magazine). BTW, I am not employed there just in case you were wondering I am a stay at home mom I has no issues whatsoever with cleanliness. Everything was great! The food service is a little disorganized, but the food itself is not bad at all. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area