Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 06:16 AM

104 posts, read 240,507 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Can anyone give me a decent realtor website for Gilbert Arizona? I heard Zillow is not. I do browse through a couple but not sure if they are accurate.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,778,604 times
If you're looking for a web site with a home search that's up to date, you can use mine. This is the FlexMLS IDX search, which is a direct search into the ARMLS data base and it's updated every 4 hours 24/7.

The national home search sites are not updated regularly. In the past, many of my clients would send me mls numbers from those other sites and I would find 90% of them either AWC, Pending or Sold. So I decided to subscribe to this one because it's the most powerful search available.

I don't know if I can put the link here but it available in my City Data Profile.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
I really like ziprealty.com. I found and bought my condo through that site.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:08 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,175,351 times
I have to agree with CB on this one. Use a REALTOR website that uses the direct IDX link. You will get much more accurate information. Commercial sites reformat the data. It looks prettier, but is often not up to date.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had a prospect query about a property only to find that it has 6 offers already submitted, or it is off the market but still shows "active".

Then they get frustrated and want to know why this is happening.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM

The FLEXMLS search that I use, which is the same search used by Realtors, has so many search features that it's difficult to discover them all without some jump start.

I dropped my third party home search recently because it wasn't powerful enough for my web site visitors. The FlexMlS system costs more money, but is well worth it. It was a waste of my time and my clients time when they would search the national sites and send me mls numbers that were showing active, but when I look them up on the mls I find they're already sold.

In order to make it better for home searchers on my site, today I made 4 video screen-capture tutorials to demonstrate all the features and neat ways of making map searches to find homes in specific areas that meet the search criteria. The few feedbacks from clients have been positive, but I welcome both positive and negative feedback.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:12 PM

422 posts, read 791,957 times
FLEXMLS is good, but I find Zillow to be way more user friendly. You can easily view a map of all the homes in the area, and what they are selling for. View the street view too. Shows the details of each and every house, whether it is for sale or not. Great for browsing the area as opposed to just looking at the flyer for just one house.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,516,756 times
Gilbert Homes for Sale - Gilbert Real Estate

Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougstech View Post
FLEXMLS is good, but I find Zillow to be way more user friendly. You can easily view a map of all the homes in the area, and what they are selling for. View the street view too. Shows the details of each and every house, whether it is for sale or not. Great for browsing the area as opposed to just looking at the flyer for just one house.
Zillow is user friendly, and has some neat searches, but it doesn't have the map search power of the FlexMls system. The big problem with Zillow and many other national sites, is they are not updated frequently.

I just ran a check on Zillow by randomly clicking on a home on their map

3116 E Campbell Rd Gilbert, AZ 85234 MLS 4405007

Zillow shows it For Sale, which on the mls should show Active.

The mls shows it Closed escrow on 6/21/2010.

It's possible that the value to Zillow of leaving more homes on their site showing as Active even after they're Sold is that it gives them a larger page base for people to search; and that most likely helps to increase their advertising fees.

Also, some Realtors pay to receive leads from Zillow and even though homes like this one are no longer Active, it leaves another home on there that can cause buyers to click for more information and generate a lead for the subscribing Realtors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: