Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:19 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,474 times

Advertisements

This is a good article about the scam known as "HOA's":

The HOA SAGA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:27 PM

611 posts, read 1,991,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
You are missing the point. g.
I understand your point and will read the article you link to but I can't believe every single HOA is bad and should be avoided. There are no HOAs in my area so until we started considering moving west I didn't give the much thought. Personally I'd rather live without them but in many better areas you must belong.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,630 times
Anthem is a symbol of American opulence and greed. Totally unsustainable "master plan", 2,000+ sq ft crap houses, grass lawns, golf course, fountains...plopped in the middle of one of the hottest, most arid regions of the US. I will clap my hands when it becomes a ghost town. Thanks for such a great misuse of precious water.

I lived in PHX during the late 90s when Anthem was forming, passed by it many times during construction phases on my way to/from Flagstaff on I-17. What a suburban nightmare. Now to hear a Walmart moved in? Yuck! Even in the late 90s, just passing through along I-17 - big traffic backups. Must be even more fun now!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Anthem is a symbol of American opulence and greed. Totally unsustainable "master plan", 2,000+ sq ft crap houses, grass lawns, golf course, fountains...plopped in the middle of one of the hottest, most arid regions of the US. I will clap my hands when it becomes a ghost town. Thanks for such a great misuse of precious water.

I lived in PHX during the late 90s when Anthem was forming, passed by it many times during construction phases on my way to/from Flagstaff on I-17. What a suburban nightmare. Now to hear a Walmart moved in? Yuck! Even in the late 90s, just passing through along I-17 - big traffic backups. Must be even more fun now!
They are widening the I-17 up to carefree, after that traffic is clear anyways, will be much easier and faster to get there in the next few months.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:01 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Anthem is a symbol of American opulence and greed. Totally unsustainable "master plan", 2,000+ sq ft crap houses, grass lawns, golf course, fountains...
Anthem has become a great community north of Phoenix. Lot's of good things have happened since you left

Old 01-22-2009, 11:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Anthem has become a great community north of Phoenix. Lot's of good things have happened since you left
We agree Anthem is a great place to raise a family, retire, and live.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:

I!
Yes I agree. we are now leaning toward the northeast part of Scottsdale as there are some nice houses coming withing our conservative price range. I really would like to avoid the opulence and greed of Anthem and thereby will be choosing the much less pretentious and more wholesome atmosphere of Scottsdale.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:06 AM

682 posts, read 2,566,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
I really would like to avoid the opulence and greed of Anthem and thereby will be choosing the much less pretentious and more wholesome atmosphere of Scottsdale.
Surely you jest, sir.

altus2006

Old 01-24-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
Surely you jest, sir.

altus2006
Indeed.

However I do like the schools and the mature landscaping on large lots. I am not be an elitist nor a pretender but it is a very nice area and if prices align with my budget, $250-325k, it will be my choice.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
The gated country club is $250/month. The other neighborhoods are $87. Not bad for street maintainance and access to heated pool, water slides and a gym. My family gym dues are nearly that alone. I've also had very inconsiderate neighbors, loud dogs, overgrown yards and actually had to sue one neighbor to force her cut down three dead pine trees that would have eventually fallen on my house or my kids playing in the yard. I am a considerate neighbor and expect the same from others. The problem is that there are a lot of inconsiderate and self centered people out there and a HOA keeps them in line.
We're preparing to make an offer on a home in the CC. My husband called the HOA today to inquire about the HOA fee. The person who answered the phone asked him for the address, then told him the HOA fee in that home is $422 a QUARTER. That's about $130/month. Do the fees vary in different parts of CC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area