Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM

872 posts, read 1,004,077 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I have been living here for about 1 1/2 years at ASU and I love it. a lot of people ask me why I am here and of course I say ASU. However, I am not like those other people who are just coming here for school and then going back to where they came from (in my case Connecticut). I haven't even met many people here from CT, most are from the Midwest or California. I am planning to stay here hopefully for the rest of my life I wrote a thingy on it here This Is How It Is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 08:48 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,721,337 times
cool blog, i read all of it. I disagree with how caring people are here compared to small town in Arizona or even northern California. Everyone is in a rush to get to somewhere faster then the other, even though everyone is going to different areas. I'm constantly getting evil looks like im a leper of and i don't belong here, even though I was born in this state. Maybe its central Phoenix or maybe its just my luck. Either way im getting tired of it real fast.

My co-worke,r from the same area I came from, agrees about the fact everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere faster then the other. If this were true in California, CHP would be a rich department, if you get my drift.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:13 AM

Actually, natives here are very laid back. I have met people here who are in a rush though. That is because they bring the mentality of always on the move with them from like Chicago or New York and LA. I think the people I have met here who are like that are from places like that. The REAL natives are the coolest people and probably know what it's like when people from the east came over here

Old 01-31-2009, 11:21 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,721,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
Actually, natives here are very laid back.
I agree we are very laid back. Arizona born that is.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:11 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,327,522 times
Phoenix isn't perfect but it is still OZ to me. My dad was a corporate executive and we lived various places around the country.
I have been to every major metro area in the country. I moved here on my own back in the mid 80s after graduating college and have no desire to live anywhere else.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:34 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,367,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I agree we are very laid back. Arizona born that is.
True!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,734,164 times
I also love Phoenix, it feels like home to me. Some may bash it for not being urban but I like the fact that it's more spread out. Phoenix has tons of things to do, if you CAN'T find something you want to do then obviously you aren't looking too hard. I do agree that native Phoenecians are very nice and people from huge cities such as Los Angeles or New York bring that "go go go" mentality with them. I love the natural desert scenery and the fact that I can go outside in shorts and a t-shirt while others are freezing in the Northern states. There are only 1 or 2 other cities I'd ever consider moving to but for now, Phoenix is my home and I plan on staying for a long time.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:42 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,184,564 times
I was born here and I do like it here....for the most part. My parents moved us to their home town, New York, to be with family for a couple years and then moved us back because they missed it so much. I love Az, you can't beat the sunsets, the winters, the scenery......however, I do have a huge issue with the public school systems here......besides that though, It's a great place. I know why you like Tempe/ASU so much.....great atmosphere for sure.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:14 PM

Well, honestly I cannot see myself living anywhere else. Florida is overrated and there a lot of old people and crazy things happen there and LOTS of bugs and humidity. All I have seen here are grasshoppers, flies, some cockroaches and mosquitoes. As opposed to Florida where they have that and then stinging ants and crazy beetles and mean horseflies. California is too expensive and Texas is not as pretty as the mountains here. I think I was meant to be here

Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,923 times
I read your blog, I thought it was very honest. I'm glad to hear someone telling the truth. I just started researching AZ as a possible place to move for college. I still haven't even figured out what questions I want to ask about Phoenix! I think I'll hang out around the forum quietly for now, and figure out what I think. Eventually I'll post a thread or two. If you have the time, could I ask you some questions about ASU sometime? Anyways, great blog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area